Photos Of This And That On HRCG!

Photos of this and that on HRCG is me sorting through over 3000 photos.

What

Minnie Mouse telling me….”Ahhhh Mom, don’t worry I am with you…I will be your nurse and your heart…I will make you smile as you recover from BC.” And she did:)

HSL PHOTO SHOOT 4-7-10 077

Remember you can click on all my pictures and they will enlarge:)

Curt-Annie-Ry 011

Annie’s time…hooking on with son Curt!

Pat and Jack…

Dasher and Kiah!

My sweet Melody:)

Solitude…

Incredibly quiet and beautiful!

Wishing you a fun-filled week wherever you may be!

Stay tuned as I did not make a dent in the 3000 photos:)

1. Nylabluesmum
    Mar 09, 2014 @ 13:36:29

Hi HRCG:You are right about Nylablue. She had never bonded with a Human as she was used as a breeding Queen til she was 4 yrs old. Thrown out & found by Shelter people. Spent another year being bred by the woman who took from Shelter. She was them spayed but got sick with Cystitis & was about to be put to sleep. She was now 5 yrs old & still not known actual love of a human. So I recued her & I observed Nylablue for days…which turned into weeks….I saw she was alot like me in alot of ways…so I gave her space & also spent time just sitting with her & talking to her or playing toys with her. She started to open up. Would not let me touch or brush her tho’. AFTER the assault was a different scenario! she came when I called her & jumped up & snuggled me! She let me stroke her & eventually brush her…we spent only 8 months in that house & then moved into the place we have been for 8 yrs now. She loosened up when we got here also….she felt safe & there was no lingering smell of Mingflower (my previous Siamese) or Monty (Mingy’s boyfriend) or Mr. Peepers (neighbor cat)….
    Then with all the illness we have grown closer. Funny how that happens. She snuggles me when I am sick & I snuggle her when she is sick. WE are like sisters….I call her Little Sister in Hindi: Chota Didi…she always fluffs herself up when I speak Hindi to her…There is a bond; no doubt about it.
    As for Skippy how a Budgie could be so intelligent I have NO idea! He was amazing. Nanna spent hours teaching him which is why he knew so many words. I too had a budgie for 9 months named Benny Blue Skye. He could not talk but he loved to dance along his perch & when the song “Benny & The Jets’ came on the stereo I would start singin & Benny would chirp & sing & dance….I had to find him a home tho as Mingflower tried to get at him & I knew he was scared….so my friend Pat took him & he became friends with Casey the Cockatiel & lived another 5 yrs or so (he was an adult when I got him).
    We sure have alot in common; wish I could stop in for a cup of tea & a long chat, lol.
    Sherri-Ellen xoxo

Mar 10, 2014 @ 19:32:36

God gave Nylablue the gift of love from your heart and He gave you Nylablue to bless your heart with love:) The story of Nylablue’s life until she came to live with you sounds horrific…she is a brave kitty girl and she did not give up…she is one of God’s best and she wants to live life now that she is safe with you:) God Bless you both…I wish we lived closer too…animals are so very special…Minnie and I are very bonded too…and it is weird how we can feel their emotions and hear their thoughts:)Wishing you a peaceful restful night:) Give Nylablue kitty loves for me:)
      Hugs and Prayers,
      HRCG

2. Hot Rod Cowgirl
    Mar 08, 2014 @ 19:32:13

Hi there:) We hit 65 today but it was overcast, no blue showing…raining now….we are under a flood watch as we could receive 1-3″ f rain! Unheard of here as we do not get rain like that…so we will see…glad it is the weekend as we love having time to do what we want to do and we love the silence! It is different when you are an only huh? Hard to explain to those who were not…yes while we have a connection to either our parents or to our Grandparents..we have a deep connection to our animals…they become companions and our shadow:) Skippy sounds amazing, he was so intelligent and how fun that he was a bird…and would be fun to have had growing up too! We had an employee the last few years that had a bird….he was brilliant! I had my Dad’s cattle dogs and the horses…he usually had three to four of his own with one main one…amazing dogs…and so good to me:) Mom had a Aussie named Amos…imagine Ellie without white except some on her chest….he had the brown eyebrows too…loved him lots! Dad’s dogs were Blue Heelers or Australian Cattle Dogs. My first cat was when I lived away from home and like you I was thrilled:) How awful and so scary with the ex….geez…thank God you were ok!!! Love is truly amazing and Nylablue is a blessing to you and you are a blessing to her:) Sending hugs and always prayers:) I think NB is incredible, so in tune with life and with you….she truly is a gift and you are too:)

3. Nylabluesmum
    Mar 07, 2014 @ 09:51:55

What poignant stories about your 4 leggeds…I am so sorry for you & Kiah! That must have torn you in shreds for sure.
    Now I understand why Eliie is so special to you!
    Minnie is wonderful…a real trooper too.
    Pat is a handsum old boy…
    Nylablue is stable & she hid a few toys on me so I need to go hunting behind the entertainment unit. She is not eating like a madcat but she is eating well enough & interested in things & alert.
    She is so much a part of me. I know she can not live forever yet I want her with me as long as she is able to have a good quality of Life.
    Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue xx

4. lilmisspoutine
    Mar 06, 2014 @ 23:42:05

what a sweetie Minnie is … and I love her white bib 🙂

Pat and Jack strutting their stuff on the ‘catwalk’?

Mar 06, 2014 @ 23:48:50

Minnie is a pretty girl…love her stripes and her eyes and all the white trim…Pat and Jack have been amazing…a friend asked to bring them to the barn…we worried about the coyotes….he begged so we said well ok….WB made kitty doors in all the various outside doors and inside doors…that was in 2003 and we still have Pat…we had to let Jack go to God last summer as he came down with diabetes…broke our hearts…he was the warrior kitty! Pat is doing ok and mainly gets lonesome so he comes to visit in the shop with Wb and the guys…he is a sweet heart too…we still miss Jack as he was the rough and tough one…and so pretty…the kitty doors have kept them safe as they have the upstairs of the barn in the hay…our barn holds a 100 ton so it is big and a perfect kitty condo:)

• lilmisspoutine
        Mar 06, 2014 @ 23:56:27

what a touching story. 🙂 isn’t it amazing how animals fill our lives with so much meaning?

my own brother and sister-in-law had a couple of cats, whom I was privileged to meet about six years ago when I was visiting them in Ontario.

Flea (she) and Barney (he) made themselves quite comfortable around me and woke me up at 5am the following morning (after my arrival) to ask for their breakfast … which, with both being middle-aged cats, should have been a third of, not the entire scoop I ended up giving them. 🙂

Both cats passed away about two years later (I believe it was due to cancer on both their parts), and my brother and sister couldn’t stand having this void of not having cats in their lives, so they adopted a couple more kitties a few months later. 🙂

Mar 07, 2014 @ 00:02:49

I can not imagine not having animals…we have never had a house dog until Ellie, she is our 9 month old Aussie…and she is incredibly smart and fun…makes me laugh lots all day long and night long…WB wanted me to have a house dog to protect me…so Ellie is my girl…Min was not impressed at all when we first brought Ellie home but over the months she tolerates her…and they are both cute with each other…so smart and such a depth of feeling. Ellie lays on my feet when I am curling my hair:) But Minnie has the chair in the office next to me with her heating pad…she is on the right side and Ellie is on the left side:) Makes my life interesting:)

• lilmisspoutine
        Mar 07, 2014 @ 00:04:01

I’ll say! 🙂 Animals are great icebreakers between strangers!

Mar 07, 2014 @ 00:06:09

Truly:)

5. Nylabluesmum
    Mar 02, 2014 @ 13:39:22

What a lovely photo of Minnie; she is gorgeous HRCG!!
    Love Melody’s eye shot…such a soulful eye…
    Dasher & Kiah are lovely poochies; are they still with you?
    What about the orange fluffs:Pat & Jack? They look like Norwegian Forest cats..or Manx cats?? I LOVE orange cats too……
    Love all your photos…you live in what we call “God’s Country’….
    Hope you had a relaxing & restful weekend.
    Ours was a bit chaotic…ok VERY chaotic as you now know. I could not reply to you about Nylablue because of Sammy cat’s Moon trip & did not want to take the spotlight off him & the trip itself.
    Anyway Nylablue is still with me. Queie & sleeping alot but here & stable & each hour a victory & a blessing 😉
    Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue xoxoxo

Mar 04, 2014 @ 19:19:23

I know I am partial of course since I am her kitty Mom…I love her eyes and her markings:) And her heart is so soft and cute. I wish I had a picture of her with me back in the late 1990’s…our nightly ritual was WB and I would settle in for TV….Wb in his recliner and me in my rocking chair that was the Early American curved back…innie would position herself on the curved back of the chair and her tail would bat one side of my head or face and she would lay there all evening while I rocked the chair nice and slow….she was so cute. After my Mom got worse we moved her in with us and she would sit on the loveseat across from me and laugh at how cute Minnie was:)
      Dasher is still with us and so is Tucker….Kiah is Ellie’s half sister, same Dad…we lost Kiah a year ago between Christmas and New Years…WB had just had shoulder surgery and Kiah and I were out to feed horses early that morning….it was snowy and foggy….I had my camera and my cousin was driving by and Kiah did not see him and ran out into the highway trying to get to me in the horse pasture…it killed me…she seemed ok and we carried her to the car and we took her in to the vet…she never made a peep…I was hoping she was only bruised…the x-ray showed her pelvis crushed…she was so very brave and she loved us lots as did we her…we had to choose to allow her to go to God…I know that we will see her again…she was so much a part of us….and that is why we brought Ellie home as Kiah was incredibly human and so smart…we still have Pat…Jack was not himself last summer so we took him into the vet and he was diabetic…we would have had to give him shots each day and all of that…Jack was a very free heart…confining him would have made him miserable…so he too is with God. Jack had the Manx tail but Pat has a tail and they are full brothers…so not sure. A good friend who could not keep them way back in 2003 when they were about a year old he brought them out to our barn…I was worried at first with the coyotes we have….but WB cut kitty doors into the barn and they were safe upstairs in their hay condos…the survived the longest of any outside kitties we had…now Pat is alone and I worry about him….he is very set in his ways…he is about 12 years old now…and he visits the shop everyday. They might have been Maine Coon but not sure…before we got them fixed…we had a customer at the shop and the weather was late spring…the customer was outside looking at something with WB…and the barn began to yeowl…hiss…yeowl more and scream in cat yeowls…the barn was possessed and the customer was wondering what do you have in that barn? Two cats that are brothers…and so the next week I took them in to have them fixed and all was well once again in the barn:) It was pretty funny even to this day:)
      I know that Nylablue is with yo and she is truly a miracle kitty girl…love her heart…and you are a good kitty Mom…she is so very special…sending you prayers, hope and healing and strength of spirit:)

6. wendy@chezchloe
    Feb 28, 2014 @ 08:53:59

Thousands of photos and hours and hours and hours… I’m working on the same. The challenge of digital photography. It’s hard to rush through trips down memory lane.

Feb 24, 2014 @ 18:55:22

There ought to be a “Love” button. Love the cars! Love the dogs. Love the cats, the horse. Love them all. Your Aussie looks a lot like ours, but is much smaller. I think Bishop is a larger than average boy for the breed.

Feb 25, 2014 @ 15:09:52

Hi there and thank you for your support:) Dasher is bigger too but Ellie is smaller, Tucker is mid size and Kiah is smaller like Ellie…when do you go for the surgery? I will mark my calender to be praying…sending hugs….snuggle down and have a warm evening:)