Seasons Of Weather On The Land And Spring Fun!

Seasons of weather on the land and the hints of spring fun are coming! I love this time of year, as over the years of living my life on the land, I have gained the understanding of faith, hard work and the importance of being a good steward of the land.

I notice the seasons more vividly as you depend on them for the health of the land and often you are outside in the elements of weather everyday. Maybe it’s driving to your job 30 miles away in town or maybe you are blessed instead to be out on top of the hills gathering cattle…or farming round and round on a tractor.

Being in the middle of nature’s elements, you feel the weather on your face with each passing storm, while watching the seasons slowly change.

DSC01934
From long winter days cloaked in gray fog as you wait and hope for a good wheat crop, growing under the obscure ashen gloom that covers the land from your sight.

Finally the first breath of spring air comes, blowing off winter’s gray coat, revealing your hard work…your faith has been rewarded, with a beautiful green wheat crop underneath…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The miracle of life, with that one tiny seed of grain the farmer plants in faith, months before…has grown into a harvest bushel full of wheat.

-9222

Which also means with the changing seasons I will be doing the part that makes me Hot Rod

-9254

Cowgirl…and yes I love the cool cars my hubby WB builds:)

Annie Melody Me 8-2010 014

But, I will always be a cowgirl through and through that loves my horses and the life of a cowgirl…I do admit it is fun to drive the ba-bump-a-boom sounding cars WB builds, with the deep throaty sound of horsepower and a healthy cam:)

Seasons are a changing…March can be crazy and wild!

CCI00010

Minnie will be putting away her “Cat Operas” for the year as she will instead be watching out the windows and smelling smells through the screens of spring and then summer…already we have the nightly serenade sounds of crickets in the creek close to the house and lots of robins, doves, quail and various colored birds are flying about to her enjoyment:)

Hang on…as soon…

Faster than a speeding bullet…

Blasting off like a rocket! No silly…not the jet above…

“Its Lola!” She’s out of winter hibernation and on the road again:):):)

Lola’s my speeding bullet…”Lola’s my baby:)”

“Classic…Fast…Built From Days Of Old…” When they still knew how to build real cars…out of steel and real leather interiors and actual horsepower:)

Beautiful skies above and our little red car below…

Lola! La La La Lola…Love you Lola!

Springs a coming….sooooon:)

_MG_2166_2

Hang on here we go!

As reported from “The Life Of Hot Rod Cowgirl living in the Wild West!!!”

1. Ajaytao2010
    Apr 10, 2013 @ 22:55:10

Hot Rod Cowgirl great you are a great photographer and I love your life style.

Beautiful your pics are really beautiful

2. patinaandcompany
    Mar 17, 2013 @ 10:05:45

This is a great portrayal of the mood swings of this season. As always, I love the role of your pets in your posts. Pets and their funny reactions make the seasons and changes so much sweeter.

Mar 17, 2013 @ 20:16:58

Thank you thank you:) Yes the moods of the changing of seasons can be wild…but I am blessed as we do not have tornados or super cell thunder storms…we the last few years it seems we are getting more and more weird weather so I am always looking out to keep an eye on the sky…I love capturing shots of the sky and how much light affects it…love to take good landscape photos…being outside to me is the best part of life as you truly do experience “life”:) My imagination with my pets is always active…each of my pets have so much personality and I can see in their eyes what they are feeling. I know that all animals, if we look and connect with them, have such personality and truly deep feelings. Wishing you a beautiful Monday and super week:) Thank you for dropping by:) Hugs, HRCG

3. Jessy @ WestEastern
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 20:18:33

Such a GREAT post and the pictures… OH, the pictures! They are so rich, beautiful and make me yearn for spring to be fully underway.

Mar 16, 2013 @ 16:47:34

Thank you so much Jessy:) I am with you on yearning for spring and nice warm days again. Yesterday we hit 70 and today we are back to 50 degrees with wind and some rain. I am working on passing on your award to me too….I am so behind and slow:) Hoping you have a wonderful sunny weekend:)

Mar 14, 2013 @ 17:46:18

I almost felt like I was there. How I wish I really were! Our nasty old cold weather is back making a hopefully brief reappearance and the late winter snow seems to have killed our crocuses. But I know spring is coming because the ants are back 🙂 I love your pictures and your writing. Thanks for the virtual vacation.

Mar 14, 2013 @ 20:59:42

Me too wishes you were here, as I know we would have fun:) When we take “Lola’s” top off, she has both the hardtop and the soft top, I wrap a fun scarf around my neck and head with the big sunglasses for a “Thelma and Louise” look:) Sometimes I do the scarf, hat and glasses all for fun and being creative…and sometimes I just do me, ponytail or cowgirl hat or some kind of a la natural HRCG look. I know that even though right now our weather is being nice….tomorrow we could have one last fling of snow…last year about this time we had snow, ice and cold for a week…so I am yet holding my breath but at least today it got up to 65 degrees and was perfecto:) I loved it as I could feel joy flooding my heart again with thinking of planting my flowers and riding Melody with WB on his horse Buck out on top of the hills taking sunset pictures. I love it when I can see Mt. Hood over 200 miles away…those are perfect summer nights:) Thank you always for your encouragement…and I do wish you lived closer:)

5. Marcella Rousseau
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 16:42:15

Great shots! And you look so pretty! I love it when cats watch TV! lol!

Mar 14, 2013 @ 20:48:51

Thank you so much Marcy:) What a wonderful comment and it makes my day:) We girls always try to look pretty but sometimes…I look like heck…then I look in the mirror and wonder what happened to me?

I love it too when Minnie gets into TV as she will watch and sometimes if the bird or whatever looks and sounds really real she will do the chattering of her kitty language:) I am not sure how other people do this but because we live in the country and have various bugs, spiders, beatles and etc. I have our house commercially sprayed every few years. When I was growing up the chemicals stunk badly but now today they have you vacate the house for the day etc. So I load up Minnie, her food and water and comfort toys etc. into the Suburban and we either go to the shop and wait it out or if I need to run to town for WB or groceries Minnie and I do that…we did not order TV’s in the last 2 Suburbans we have had but they came with them….so in the first Suburban I took Minnie’s cat tv video for her to watch while we sat and waited it out. Well you can imagine the laughs I got from my country neighbors when they saw me with my cat watching cat movies in the back seat of the Burb…Minnie loved it and it kept her happy so it was great…and to this day, this was about 6 years ago, they are still smiling and snickering:) One thing about country living…you are always hearing funny stories or you find yourself in them:)

6. catfromhell
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 14:28:45

Lola is gorgeous!!!! I can see you now!
    Kisses
    nellie

7. cookiecharm
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 06:23:06

I am new to blogging. I have looked at tons of blogs and yours by far is my FAV!! I have a horse farm in the South and my hubby has a garage that restores old cars…so I can definitely relate to your blog. 🙂 Needless to say…I am now a follower Love your pictures. I love to write about my horses but my photog skills are lacking.
    http://www.charmingsouth.wordpress.com Missy

Mar 14, 2013 @ 11:33:20

Thank you so much for finding my blog and it is great to hear that you enjoy it:) You will have fun once you get going with blogging…I did not know much either but I love to write and I love to shoot photos…and there are many amazing and talented photographers and writers on WP that are helpful and truly inspiring! Thank you for joining my subscribers and for dropping in to say Hi:) Wishing you a beautiful day:)

8. Where God Takes Me
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 22:08:27

Hi honey bunny. Beautiful photographs as always! I have a confession to make: I’m in love with Lola too!!!!

Mar 14, 2013 @ 11:27:29

Howdy from the wild western front:) Thank you as always for enjoying my photos:) I have lots left to learn but I’m pushing ahead:) I know…..Lola is the kind of car you can not help but fall in love with:) She draws you in and is so much fun to drive:)

9. Jonathan Caswell
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 20:36:33

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    DO YOU SEE MINNIE? SPRING IS A-COMIN’! –Jonathan

10. Jonathan Caswell
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 20:35:28

I should have subscribed sooner…I’ve missed you guys (and Minnie, too)!