Winters Lock…Writers Block…Winter Mocks…Writers Rock!

I am late posting my post, which was written Thursday, the 21st, in middle of the night…well actually early early morning:)

Winter winds are ripping…blowing up the canyon with a 15 degree windchill…ugh!

I worry about loosing power…I can NOT believe it is so cold tonight on the second night or morning of spring! Our house sleeps snuggled down in the wild west winter storm, except for me and why I am up in the middle of the dang night? Lately I have had a case of writers block, so I am doing a writing exercise right now, except I should be doing it with pen and three blank pages of paper…but my feet are cold and I am snuggled down under a pile of plush, cuddly warm quilts and it is cold and the paper I need is in another room…sometime today I am going to put pen to paper and finger to pen…hopefully with my brain fully engaged in fancy creative thoughts to write words of wonder!

I read tonight that we begin to lose our ability to write and create our written communication at school age…I agree. We are born to write and we are born with very active imaginations, however,  life crowds in with perfection…then judgement…and no, you must stick to the point…you are wandering all over the subject…no no no, your punctuation is terrible and quite embarrassing…pretty soon we lose our style…our flair…our ability to create interesting stories full of life and possibilities. Our ability to believe in the IMPOSSIBLE is nowhere to be found!

Well to that I say, “Why not…THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE…believe it and it will happen…visualize it and dream it…live it and breathe it in and out…yes it is possible to have all that we hope for! Never ever give up your imaginations and your ideas…when it comes to writing, no idea is stupid…and every thought of make believe is believable in our writing…it’s like playing dress up when we dressed in Mommy’s dresses and make up to pretend we were a glamorous movie star…or we played make believe as The Lone Ranger…Hi-Ho Silver and Flicka!”

Ooops, I was drifting off the subject of Mr. Winter! Hey, Mr. Winter Winds…go back to the North Pole please…Antarctica…yep…sorry but somehow you have a bit of forgetfulness…I know we all do anymore as the course of the seasons whiz by us so fast, who can keep up but…seriously though…it is Lady Spring’s turn to play…you had your chance Mr. Big Chill and instead of doing your winter thing like you could have, you missed the boat…and I know you are stuck in the ice of regret but lets not use excuses about ourselves…if you are stuck Mr. Winter then, what can you do about it…what? No, it’s your problem and issue to solve…I am busy planning Ms. Spring’s Season so go away.

How am I doing? “Who me?”

“No, ding dong…Mom is talking about her…oh what I have to put up with since I am the cat who knows where it is at…plus Mom woke me up too!”

Mr. Winter Winds, between your winter winds howling with Winters Block? I have the solution for you…grab an icicle and three sheets of ice and begin to write…now go get busy so we can break this Winters Writers Block and have a Block Party! We can have Jack Frost come over to slide some music around so we can slip, slide and boogie down…with Margaritas on ice…I mean rocks…ah, no blocks…or how about a Mojito anyone? You are so icy anyway….

Ok, back to my writing exercise…what else do I hear…the wind…my email blurping…”Calling HRCG this is Ms. Spring…I want to introduce myself but Mr. Winter has his icy rear end in my way…I am trying my hardest to shatter and break up his fun so that we can welcome you and all your readers to a nice block party.”

Cool idea to end Winter’s Follies for this year:) HRCG over and out…headed to the Block Party…see ya there!

As a footnote…”Mr. Winter” has settled back down some…we still have the heat on but the icy grip of winter has now melted and we have green hope showing in the fields and life!

Apr 02, 2013 @ 21:19:35

I have bestowed upon you a special (really, no kidding) award: The Best Moment Award

I think you’re going to like this one!

Apr 03, 2013 @ 22:17:20

Thankee thankee:) You are so very sweet to think of me and what a nice award this is to give:) I have been busy busy with running the office for our business as it is the dreaded first of the month…and the last few weeks I have been working on a post that I will soon post…it is an introduction of sorts to the main story…and I have never done this before so it has been consuming…and busy with the ranch as the weather finally broke for a week…we are to get rain showers tomorrow. We will be going to the funeral tomorrow for a very good friend…unexpected and hard as WB has many memories as he went to college with him and I got to know him and his wife after they moved to the area…makes our hearts sad.
      Thank you much and wishing you happy warmer days with NO more snow or bad weather:)
      Hugs,
      HRCG

2. philosophermouseofthehedge
    Mar 30, 2013 @ 15:59:03

What a strange year this has been. We have ping pong weather 90 degrees- then frost – then 51 degrees higher than it should be….hope this next front brings rain.
    One nice thing – you’ve got some outstanding pictures. That first one is pretty remarkable with the reflections…then there’s the red car…and the cat…and that sky – too hard to pick a favorite.
    Hop on to Easter

Mar 31, 2013 @ 20:10:02

Thank you for your encouraging words and support:) Today was truly beautiful here, almost 74 degrees and blue skies…the various wheat fields around us are lush and green…I know sometimes I complain too much with the dreary days and cold as when finally Spring comes it is magical how it transforms our lives. I hope you had a wonderful Easter filled with good stuff:)

3. catfromhell
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 18:05:26

Me is happy that up here in the Great White North (200 yards north of the BC/Washington Border) that we has had a cold – but dry spring! THis morning, there was really thick frost! Yous can keeps the snow.
    Kisses
    Nellie

Mar 25, 2013 @ 20:05:27

Dear Sweet Nellie…we have not had as much snow as we usually do thank goodness:) But lots of fridgid temperatures and humidity that seems to make it even colder…wind and wind chills….frost like you but not as much snow. It has been a weird winter but it has been a weird winter now for about 15 years here…we used to get LOTS of snow and often the roads were drifted shut and we would be snowed in until a county grader would come rescue us. Now we seem to have cold and occasional snow…more freezing rains and fog. Kitty Love and Kitty Hugs:)

4. Tuxedo Sophisticated Cat
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 07:44:38

A strange winter this year. Virtually no snow here. But is has been very cold the last few nights.

Mar 25, 2013 @ 20:01:41

Yes, we have not had our usual snow either…really has changed from when I grew up here as we often were snowed in with large drifts and roads closed. It happened a few times in the 1980’s too as our kids were in school then which is 10 miles from the house and often the roads were drifted shut or closed. We too have had the freezing cold and wind wind wind!

Mar 25, 2013 @ 03:42:45

We can’t seem to get rid of winter here…..woke up to four inches of white fluffy snow this morning in fact. It’s beautiful but I’m ready for green buds on the trees, flowers peeking up through the dirt – green grass instead of brown crunchy stuff. Sigh. Loved “catching up” with you though! Sounds like Spring is finally springing there anyway!

Hugs, Pam

Mar 25, 2013 @ 06:11:36

Ohhhh I am not going to complain as 4″ of snow beats me…while it is beautiful and I love how out here it covers all the weeds and the land, rolling hills etc. and I have always noticed that when we have snow like what you describe it not only softens everything but there is a beautiful silence, almost spiritual…I do love that part. We have had so much wind and windchill this year and most everyone is tired of that. The older I get the more the cold bothers me…but soon we will hopefully see flowers blooming and a beautiful spring and summer! I have been so stuck lately with writing…it is finally getting better but it was annoying…wishing you a wonderful week and warmth:) Kitty loves to Sammy and me too….hugs for you back:)
      HRCG

6. bulldog
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 22:32:46

Well Autumn is beginning to show it’s head here by us.. so spring can’t be far off now, for you… enjoyed this post tremendously … thank you…

Mar 25, 2013 @ 06:05:05

Thank you:) Between being cold and having a bit of writers block the last month or so has made the time either fly by or pass slowly…I am looking forward to warm 80 plus degree days…we have a patio that we usually sit outside on during the summer evenings. And the writers block is breaking each day more and more…weird to experience for sure as I always have words according to my hubby:) Have a great Monday!

7. John w Howell
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 17:49:58

We have had a cold snap over the last two days. Didn’t get above 70 degrees and I think with the wind it must have gotten down to 64 or so. I find when stuck the best thing is to read something really vacuous like Traveler magazine. Good post – John

Mar 24, 2013 @ 22:00:43

Oh 70 degrees sounds heavenly:) I can’t wait for nice warm lazy feeling summer days:) Thank you for stopping by and great idea…I think most of my block has been the world of life stuff…gotta get back to imagination and letting the words flow:)

8. jesusknowsmyname
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 17:40:12

I am getting impatient with Old Man Winter… I hate to go out in the cold.

9. Jonathan Caswell
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 17:29:23

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    ANOTHER CASE OF WRITER’S BLOCK! –Jonathan

10. Jonathan Caswell
    Mar 24, 2013 @ 17:28:37

We do too…once the bills are paid! I’m still writing about the winter that won’t quit—out this way, too! For a whole year I forced myself to write anything…now things flow or can be wrangled out much easier. Good to have a post from YOU AGAIN!

Mar 24, 2013 @ 21:54:46

Thank you:) I know our weather seems to be off everywhere…strange year that we have had but I will say it has been great for photography! I have been surprised to be stuck with writing but sometimes life itself gets us stuck…like you I am writing and writing trying to push through…I am finding it goes better when I just let it go and not worry…just write:)

Mar 24, 2013 @ 15:59:52

Winter also has a tight grip on us here, but slowly, slowly spring is beginning to make some small headway. It’s still very cold at night and I think our crocuses are mostly dead of exhaustion. We often don’t get much of a spring around here. It’s cold, cold, cold then suddenly, it’s summer. Half an hour between seasons!

Mar 24, 2013 @ 16:07:29

It is good to hear from you…I have been going through a stuck stage and it is annoying…so I am letting my imagination play and getting those words going again:) Yes, it is either freezing cold or we have one day of 55 degrees and the next day it is back to 34 with a windchill reading…have had lots of wind this year. Today started out nicer but now I am cold with the heat cranked up ka-ching ka-ching-ka-ching….love those power bills….not:(

• Teepee12
        Mar 25, 2013 @ 21:54:00

I’m not finding writing easy now either. I’m pretty burnt out AND I’ve taken on a big project that promises to be difficult. But it pays with real money and I need an infusion of cash. We are really broke. I haven’t worked a regular job in a long time, so it’s going to be interesting. Our weather is the same as yours. We are getting MORE snow tomorrow and the rest of the week. I am SO done with snow. Pity it isn’t done with us.It’s so COLD.

Mar 28, 2013 @ 23:23:30

Hi there, I’m sorry I did not see your comment until tonight….this week I was sidetracked with the office and business….and keeping an eye on the hubby as the recovery is taking longer for him….and he finds it all very frustrating! I hope you will enjoy your new job and that it will be something that feeds your heart and spirit with good stuff! I am listening to a million crickets right now….I love this time of year….Spring has finally made her appearance….love the sounds and hearing the horses at night now that I can open the window…and watching my little striped kitty Minnie Mouse sleep and watch me as she lays close to me on the bed…she loves the sounds too and smelling the smells of outside! I am praying that this good weather that we had today will travel East and find you too:)

Hugs,