Blessings That Fill Your Heart With Gratitude

Blessings that fill your heart with gratitude are little miracles in themselves, bringing sunlight and glory to our days here on earth.

Sometimes you have to look around to see the blessings in your life and other times they can be right in front of you!

I thank God daily for my life as I watch the sunrise on a brand new day, full of God’s plans for my day and His breath of love on each one of us, for we are all His kids:)

And at the end of each day I am always blessed with each beautiful sunset, filled with God’s golden glory…with a renewed hope for tomorrow.

CCI00003-2

Growing up Mom had a newspaper clipping on our refrigerator for many years held by a magnet. The clipping stood on the truth of its words.

“Oh Lord, You have given me so much,

Give me one more thing, a grateful heart.”

Gratitude…remembering the incredible things we have been given. I still have the clipping in my bible…and had it on my refrigerator for several years until we bought a stainless steel refrigerator…then my magnet would not work, so it is tucked away in a safe place.

scan0038

I am thankful and more than grateful for the many blessings in my life. When things get bumpy on the road of my life, I try to focus on the good and positive blessings that God has given to me…so I often make a gratitude list to add to as life is ever changing…below is my current gratitude list…if I were to write them all…I would have a book to share with you:)

1. I am thankful that I have the freedom to worship God.

After traveling to the Middle East in the mid-90’s, I experienced many different ways of life and many diverse cultures. I loved seeing where Jesus walked..it was profoundly holy and spiritual to walk in His footsteps. I loved the Old City and seeing the diversity of people. Israel was beautiful to see…I was blessed to have had three weeks to travel, as there were so many historical sites to visit and experience. However, when my plane touched down at JFK, I made a beeline to a Burger King for an all American hamburger with the works! The next morning was surreal to wake up here in Juniper Canyon…the farmers were in full swing of wheat harvest. I remember thanking God that He decided I was to live here in America, it was so peaceful and quiet. We do not know how blessed we are to live in the USA!

petra_general

Jordan was ancient in the scenery and beautiful. I loved seeing the desert and Petra was my favorite.

350px-The-Treasury

Petra was incredible in how they carved it and designed it…it was one of those places that all you can do is take pictures and stand in awe. I also enjoyed having dinner with the Bedouins one evening in their tents. Kind and wonderful people to meet. Everyone I met on the tour was very nice. We began our tour in Damascus, Syria and I loved seeing Palmyra too….we did a day trip into Turkey and then on to Jordan and finally Israel…loved the Sea of Galilee, so peaceful and yes you do float on the Dead Sea and Masada was incredible too. I did ride a camel which was both fun and funny:)

OregonTrip_117

2. Thank you God for my hubby Wild Bill…my soul mate and my forever. We actually do fit together like a jigsaw puzzle made by God. He is the most thankful part of my life on earth and the best part is that we will be with each other forever into eternity and beyond:)

-0105

3. I am grateful everyday that I am alive and living with good health! Having gone through a serious diagnosis puts a new spin on your life and you truly do see life in a different way….with a thankful heart:)

scan0016

4. I am grateful for my parents….who loved me and kept me forever. I know I will see them again. Both WB and I were lucky that we lived next door to them for 20 years, as we were able to help them and do things for them before they became ill….and when they did become ill, we were there 24/7  for them. We were able to support them, finding things to laugh about, long talks into the night, helping them through medical tests and the pain, taking them places and helping them maintain their dignity. I loved my Mom and Dad more than I can say.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

5. I know I am one of the most blessed women to live with always owning a horse….growing up on a large cattle ranch helped…so did having a Dad who was as horse crazy as I was! We always had horses….and we still do. I love the smell of horses, the sound of horses and the relationship one can have with horses and everything about them…they represent a part of life that is my history and heritage. God loves horses too!

Yes, I'm Cute

6. Minnie Mouse our kitty girl…almost 18 years old and so much a part of my heart and my life….our life. She has been with through losing three of our parents, cancer and various tough times, and she always gave us her love and lots of funny antics to make us laugh…she has been with us longer than any of our kids and she loves us…we love her and she is our kitty angel:) Blessed by God:)

CCI00000

7. Living in the very house that I grew up in with my Mom and Dad….that my Grandpa who I never got to meet, built for his mother, my great-grandmother who I never got to meet.

DSC02064

Living here in a 100 year old family house though, I feel that I do know them and carry the same beliefs and family heritage they passed on to us. A house full of memories, honor and gratitude.

8. I am grateful that I have always lived in the country, away from the hustle and bustle. I love the quiet and peaceful life of country living here, but I miss the solitude that I grew up in when we summered at the mountain cattle ranch without telephones, electricity, water and no TV let alone radio signal. It was pure bliss to live in such a beautiful place in the Blue Mountains, riding my horse everyday moving cattle or checking cows with my Dad. Life was simpler and the world was different then. I am grateful for all the memories I have of that period in my life growing up.

9. I am more than blessed to own my “Little Red Car”…WB surprised me as he said “For my redhead and my love, this is your car”. And we do belong to the “Little Red Car Club”.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

10. And for my forever horses, that I will never forget…as they are forever with you:)

Mostly what I want to give to you is this…

Sometimes when we look out the window of life…we see life that is gray and stormy. It can be depressing, discouraging and tough to see the storms of life we are facing…that is when we plug into our gratitude list, that is filled with determined faith, full of both small and large blessings and the tough times we survived before…as we can’t give up or in, we gotta keep on a going.

And as we “stand strong on our faith and hope”, life will get better again. The good in life, continues to battle it out, with the evil during our lives…as life will never be perfect until we get to heaven.

And God has already won for us! No matter how dark it can look in our lives, never ever give up:)

_MG_1144

Wild Bill and I are celebrating the day we met 37 years ago on Valentines Day…February 14, 1976! The picture above was taken two years ago when WB and I were interviewed here in our shop Holton Secret Lab on TV. Notice who is cracking a joke at the end…I am sure we were all nervous and making a funny joke was all I could think of doing…I love to laugh:)

Happy Valentines Day! My hubby surprised me with the beautiful red roses this morning:)  I wish you all a very special day or night where ever you are!

As a footnote: I am working on the many awards I have been given the last few months. I am terribly slow this time and I hope that all the award givers will not give up on me:) I so appreciate you thinking of me and this blog. Wild Bill had a second surgery December 26th on his shoulder that has taken a longer recovery…he is getting better and still has to take things slow for a few more weeks but he is doing well…he began PT this week:) That is part of the reason for being slow to post new awards and blog the last few months…but I am here and working on getting those awards passed on soon:) Hugs and Blessings:)

1. Ajaytao2010
    Apr 10, 2013 @ 23:06:40

beautiful quote

give me a grateful heart

god bless you

Apr 11, 2013 @ 05:57:14

I often find if I focus on the many blessings in my life with a grateful heart it helps me to see that I have so very much to be thankful for. Life at times can really stink but if I keep my focus on the blessings, big and small that God gives me…it makes my heart happy and the hard times of life that we all go through fade away:)

• Ajaytao2010
        Apr 11, 2013 @ 06:32:44

oh lovely again

i loved your blog and you too

it was superb feeling

you seem to be very humble in your approach

and I love it

Apr 11, 2013 @ 13:01:34

I have been reading your blog too and you have beautiful words, incredible photos and a beautiful heart. May you feel blessed by the blessing you truly are…and know that God loves you and it is a blessing to me to know you:)

• Ajaytao2010
        Apr 11, 2013 @ 13:07:36

Oh thank you so much Cowgirl, I am blessed by people like you and your love and encouragement has made it possible for me,

I am blessed by your presence and I feel honored

2. Moment Matters
    Mar 03, 2013 @ 14:32:44

Good news, I would like to personally hand you the “BEST MOMENT AWARD” for this post. Congratulations and enjoy the rest of the day!

Feb 20, 2013 @ 21:27:42

4. singleworkingmomswm
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 16:59:02

Hi, HRCG! You know, I receive a few different blogs in my email, most of whom I’ve been following not long after I joined WP and started blogging myself. But, when your posts are in my in-box, I cannot wait to read them because I know I will be lifted up in spirit and truly blessed. Thank you so much for taking the time to write, upload the beautiful pictures, and share your God-given gifts with us here. I long for simpler times, often, as well, but then I also rejoice in being able to connect with this technology that knows no boundaries! Happy (belated) Valentine’s Day, and lots of hugs from California. XOXO-SWM♥♥

Feb 19, 2013 @ 22:48:12

🙂 What sweet words to hear…I thank God for you and how He has blessed me with meeting you as well as many wonderful people on WP. I love sharing God’s gifts and His scenery, as He made an awesome world! And you are right as I had not thought of it that way…thank you for finding the positive in the busy crazy times we live in today…without email and computers and blog sites like WP we would not be able to connect or meet. Wishing you God’s best and praying that He opens new doors of great blessings for you this year…sending prayers and hugs:) God bless you with a peaceful night of sleep and a Wonderful Woweee Wednesday!!! Love, HRCG

5. Jessy @ WestEastern
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:15:29

I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award! Come check it out and claim your award: http://westeastern.me/2013/02/17/the-liebster-award/

6. narhvalur
    Feb 16, 2013 @ 22:02:44

Wonderful headline and posting!

Feb 17, 2013 @ 09:14:20

Thank you so much….I have missed you. I have missed so many fellow bloggers the last several months. My hubby had two unexpected surgeries and I have been taking care of him etc.Also have been running the business more with him as he recovers. We hired three new employees so hoping that life soon returns to normal for us and that his surgeries are far behind him now….he has yet to heal completely with the last one…he is about 8 weeks out on that one but he is daily getting better. Anyway, I have missed your posts and comments….mostly our friendship:) Have a wonder Sunday….Hugs and happy thoughts:)

7. Heather @ Sugar Dish Me
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 04:54:11

Your posts are always so amazingly beautiful and positive and encouraging. They always make me feel so happy! I love Miss Minnie. Hope your valentine’s Day was awesome, HRCG!!!

Feb 15, 2013 @ 11:30:00

Hi Heather Sugar n Spice:) Thank you much for your kind words and encouragement back to me:) I hope you too had an awesome Valentines Day with all your dreams come true:) Huggies to you my friend:)

Feb 15, 2013 @ 03:57:17

What a lovely post…….I too often reflect on the journey that has brought me to this point in my life and all the bumps in that road. They’ve all taught me something and made me who I am today. I’ve had more blessings than I’ve had time to give proper thanks for but every morning when I’m outside looking up at the stars I say a prayer of thanks that I’m still here to see that sky.

Love and Hugs, Pam

Feb 15, 2013 @ 11:26:31

Thank you Pam…I do ponder how I got to here often and also I am thankful I am still here too…keeping a grateful heart is my motto but at times I have to remind myself and that I have enough….my life is very full of good things and I am blessed that my hubby loves me and still wants to keep me after all those years:)LOL! Truly finding this blog site has been another blessing for me and it gives me a connection to the outside world which I love….and I love the many talented bloggers on this site…I just need more time to comment and read:) Hugs to you and Sammy:)

9. Where God Takes Me
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 22:45:18

Gorgeous photos and a great post! Happy Valentine’s Day!

10. catfromhell
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 21:10:04

Great blessings! Sisters are the best – even when you are mad at them!
    Further to last week, Smokey was the most intelligent horse I’ve ever had the privilage to know. There was not a latch or corral he could not open. Locks had top be used!
    Happy Valentines Day and we remember you in our Purrayers

Feb 14, 2013 @ 21:24:24

🙂 Yah…they do make you mad at times but…I love her forever and always:) I have had a few horses like that too…dang…they can open the back door of the house if they wanted…always seems to be a gelding…of course mechanical man in horse form:) Me and Minnie have you are in our purrayers too:) With WB still recovering our Valentines night was short and sweet this year:) Huggies and soft purrrs…

Feb 14, 2013 @ 20:11:03

I lived in Jerusalem for 9 years. I still dream of it. But I too am glad to be here even though I loved Jerusalem and always will. You really are truly blessed.

Feb 14, 2013 @ 21:14:33

Jerusalem was incredible to feel all the vibes and emotions…loved the Old City and the history. How blessed you were to spend 9 years there…wow! Yes my stay was much shorter and I still treasure it in my heart too…Hugs:)

12. Playamart - Zeebra Designs
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 19:00:48

Beautiful post! I’m glad that you’ve had so many lovely years together! You have a beautiful life and treasure it! z