Versatile Bloggers Award…Wowie Zowie!

Versatile Bloggers Award…Wowie Zowie!

Yesterday afternoon as I was putting together my secret family spaghetti sauce…I had a humbling surprise. Creative Noshing  sent a note saying that she had nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award!

I was so excited to be nominated that Minnie and I did the happy dance:) Well ok she watched as I did a quick disco move or two…

Then she rolled back over and went back to her afternoon nap!

When I first started this blog last summer, I was not sure what tags were or categories or really what was Word Press and how did it work? I have learned that this is a community of fellow bloggers with stories to tell and pictures to share. I have read beautiful inspiring words that reach down deep to touch your heart and occasionally even my toes…very gifted writers that have the ability to tell the story in one word. Photo images that are simply breathtaking…gifted photography that pulls you into the story that is being told through that one image. The creative and artistic element that involves so many artists on Word Press is helping me to grow and learn…thank you for sharing your wisdom, knowledge and artistic ability

Thank you to Creative Noshing  for nominating me. You have given me encouragement and determination to write better and shoot more pictures:)

Now I am to share seven interesting things about myself and nominate seven other blogs.

A picture of WB and I visiting with a fellow survivor and friend…we are on the right. Tough Enough To Wear Pink Day or TETWP happens every Thursday of the Pendleton Round Up Rodeo…cowboys, contestants and everyone in the crowd comes to the rodeo that day wearing pink. It is a day of hope and celebration for survivors…I was in charge of the arena presentation for the survivors…which included their family members…as those who are in our family are very much survivors with us. TETWP raises money and awareness each year for local cancer survivors with support to help with their healing physically and emotionally. TETWP is a national organization that has spread to every rodeo whether large or small…check it out in your area:)

Seven random things about me….

1: The end of July 1993 at about 9500′ elevation behind Yellowstone Park I was gathering and moving cattle with several neighbors. We had about 500 head gathered as we moved them up Pinion Ridge, which is a dividing ridge for the Columbia River, The Green River and The Mississippi River. As we started up this massive ridge a Wyoming thunderstorm had begun…the lightning struck all around us, starting small fires that the snow would put out…yes we were in a blizzard of snow too as we climbed…it was so bad near the top that the only thing I could do was pull my hat down lower and allow my horse to follow the one black cow we could see…I had no idea where I was and where my neighbors were. We were all in a storm cloud that boomed with thunder and flashed with lightning that was brilliantly white in the snow. Finally we came into a clearing…the storm faded away and the sun came out…the herd was together on the grassy meadow with all my neighbors. I sat in the sun soaking it up and was visiting with a neighbor when he said “Oh look Doc is trying to chase a Buffalo out of the herd…it looks to be 3-4 years old…lets go”…no one will believe this….and Toto we are not in Kansas anymore….a buffalo in the herd…what?

2. I love to write….as evidenced above! I have written as far back as I can remember…being an only child it gave me something to do with my imagination.

3. I love photography…I am self-taught and still learning…I get truly excited when I walk into a camera store to look at new equipment. Photography and writing go hand in hand…they feed my heart and spirit and I love doing both.

4. My office is in my parents old bedroom…I spent many nights in there due to the boogie man or the wind blowing or the house creaking…mostly the boogie man.

5. I am a tall person and a short person in one….my leg inseam is 36 as I am mostly legs and that is the tall person part…my arms are long too and I can bend them in weird ways…the upper part of me is little….when I sit down I sit short but when I stand up I am tall.

6. My husband “Wild Bill” builds custom cars…we own and operate Holton Secret Lab LLC…www.holtonsecretlab.com This  is a 1928 Dodge Coupe that WB customized and built with various details….such as a V-12 Jag engine….WB had to custom build the engine compartment to make the V-12 fit…the name of the car is “Jagged” and he is still working to finish it…the above picture was taken in our shop in May 2011.

7. I went to a small school 8 miles from the house…in the four-year high school there was between 35-45 students. When our youngest son began 1st grade in the same school he had two kids in his class….himself and a girl.

8. One more thing….see I told you I like to write….I am living in a house that I was born into on our century farm….my Grandfather Gunder built the house for my Great Grandmother Anne Marie in 1920…my parents moved into it in 1939 and WB and I moved into it in 1980.

My choices for the seven blogs:

The Simple Life Of A Country Mans Life

Real Ranch Wife

Veeder Ranch

My New Favorite Day

Brian Gaynor Photography

Sotardalen Nokota Horses

1001 Scribbles

If the above mentioned nominees feel moved to play the game, here are the rules:

1. In a post on your blog, nominate 7 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
  2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
  3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
  4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
  5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
  6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.

It was hard to pick only seven as every person on Word Press is very good!

Congrats from HR Cowgirl!

1. Choc Chip Uru
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 18:18:46

Congratulations on the award my friend 😀 I have been looking through your blog and it is so cool! Much deserved!
    And thank you for subscribing – I hope you enjoy my posts!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

2. Trackback: Whooaa! I Got A Versatile Blooger Reward!!!:)))) « Ann Novek–With the Sky as the Ceiling and the Heart Outdoors
  3. nokotahorse
    Feb 25, 2012 @ 09:05:00

Congratulations!
    And thank you for the nomination.

4. Trackback: The Versatile Blogger Award « Sotardalen Nokota horses
      Feb 25, 2012 @ 09:29:23

You are welcome:) I enjoy your blog very much…am learning so much about your horses and their history. Love seeing some of the landscape with the horses….great pictures too! Hope you are having a good weekend:)

5. Shannon Pruitt from 'Mynewfavoriteday'
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 18:16:36

Thank you so much! I LOVE your TETWP photo and that you coordinated that for Round Up. So amazon and your Wyoming story is breath taking. So lovely of you to include me and I you are a great writer, photographer and storyteller:) congratulations on your award. Xo

6. RealRanchWife
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 13:19:33

Good for you! Your blog is always fun!

And, thank you for the nomination! I will have to think of some interesting facts to share. These are always fun because it gives us a little more about you plus we get an intro to other blogs!

7. The View Out Here
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 07:54:41

Yeah! Congratulations HRC!!! I know it’s a really neat feeling isn’t it? …and well deserved. Great list of interesting things. My favorite is probably the Wyoming tale…and you are in a house with such roots – a “heritage home” I suppose! (: Very cool.
    ~d.

Feb 20, 2012 @ 10:55:02

Thank you much:) I loved Wyoming…the ranch we managed was 110 miles long…you had the high desert on one end and the other end was behind Yellowstone. I have many good memories and stories of WY. Did you say you grew up close to Sandpoint ID.? If so it was not too far from Wyoming…I loved the Cabinent MTS. that were outside of Bonner’s Ferry. The crazy thing about the morning I gathered the cows with the neighbors…was that Bill did not ge to go with me…he watched us head up the ridge long enough to see the lightening hit and start fires only to be put out by the snow…it was the first time I had gathered cattle in that area so I did not know my way around at all…Pinion Ridge is on the Upper Green….huge country…when I came back and told him about the Buffalo…he just laughed and said oh quit it…you’re just making that up! No seriously I was not! He eventually believed me when the neighbors backed me up:)

Feb 20, 2012 @ 04:17:53

Congratulations on the Versatile Blogger Award! We were thrilled to get that one too as well as the others we’ve received – it’s just nice to be recognized for what we all love to do – TALK and share. We enjoy your blog and photos very much and really enjoyed hearing more about you and your life on the ranch. So many really, truly NICE people in the world of blogging and we’re happy we “met” you!

Sammy and his Mom Pam

Feb 20, 2012 @ 10:46:59

Thank you Sammy and Pam,,,,I am happy that Minnie and I got to meet you too:) I have enjoyed word press blogs very much…and meeting some of the bloggers has been nice…hope you have a Meowy Monday:)

9. creativenoshing
    Feb 19, 2012 @ 18:11:05

Loved your facts. The story about the storm, crazy!

Feb 19, 2012 @ 20:28:21

Thank you much:) It was and it was crazy to me. At the time my Mom was here complaining about 110 degree heat here in Juniper while we lived in WY. One thing about WY. was that you never knew what the weather would do…storms came in and out quickly as here we linger for days with clouds and fog…in WY. the weather got it on and then moved on…sunny skies returned:) Seeing the buffalo was a wow…first one I saw that first year in WY.

Feb 19, 2012 @ 15:53:39

Congrats on your Versatile Blogger Award. I know many blogs have become “award free”, but I’m thrilled whenever I receive one.
    Like you, I have learned SO much since I began blogging. I love all my new friends all over the world!
    So interesting to learn more about you!

Feb 19, 2012 @ 16:08:35

Hi yes me too…I am still in awe of being nominated…it is the first time:) I truly enjoy learning about all the various people that are blogging with us…interesting to hear and see new things….meet new people…as you may have guessed out here there are more critters than people:) Give Sundae Girl a rub and luv….Minnie is keeping an eye on the afternoon birds right now:)