HRCG Here Bringing You The News…And The Rest Of The Story!

HRCG here…bringing you the news and the rest of the story…

Stay tuned for the Wednesday night edition as follows.

Live once again from the North Country of South Juniper Canyon, where we are currently frozen in winter’s frigid grip!

I am wondering if we were somehow transported to Siberia as it feels like Siberia!

After a rather mild Christmas week, Sunday night we were hit with heavy snow and wild winds from the North…here in the North Country!

DSC01924

An interesting fact about Juniper Canyon is that it truly has its own whacky weather pattern and we live in a whacky world out here!

Just over the hill from us, about 3 miles from our house is a four-way crossing and landmark called King’s Corner. You can be driving home from town, 20 miles away and the weather, the roads and life in general are great until…(I need a little Sci-Fi music)…you cross the crossing at Kings Corner and climb over the hill into the hinter lands of Juniper Canyon.

Our WY. Driveway

As the guys who work for us this morning found out…all was great until they climbed the first big hill and surprise-surprise-surprise! They traveled on into the winter twilight zone of Juniper Canyon…and then they came to the driveway or did they???!

Wyoming Snow Storm

I tried to get out of the driveway (which driveway?) late morning for town errands…but as you can see I’m stuck…seriously!

Seems we were the only ones who got the intense snow storm Sunday night and the only ones today who had close to zero wind chill all day long…and late Tuesday night, as I write, it is down to a -6 degree wind chill in a frozen…wild and woolly South Juniper Canyon world…and I love it…this is home:)

I have no clue as to why our weather out here is more severe and so different…at times it is funny to those of us who live out here…in the “outer limits” of weather hell!

DSC02042

We natives who live out here for generations, take it in stride calling it “Typical Juniper Canyon Weird Weather.”

And finally, I have gained some wise motherly wisdom from my Mom, on driving winter roads out here…now when we have crazy weather changes, I stay home! I remember Mom asking me “Are you going to stay home due to the roads?” and I would roll my eyes saying “Mom, I have four-wheel drive so I will be fine.” “Mom I finally get it…I do:)”

Now I call to cancel my dental appointment in town due to icy roads and drifting snow only to have the receptionist on the other end laugh at me….and I say “What?” “No seriously I am not trying to get out of my dental appointment…the roads are really bad out here!”

By the sounds of it we of the “North Country” will have arctic cold and be snow/ice-bound for the rest of the week…in the mean time we will hunker down and stick close to the fireplace, drinking something warm…waiting on the county road grader and sand truck if they are about…they have many miles to cover besides us.

I always stock up…last time to the store for me was 10 days and I’m good to last much longer…however I like to go to town once a week or so, as heading to the store means fun, as I get to see everyone that I know most of my town days:)

Yep native here…we are survivalist for the most part, we farmers, ranchers and car builders! And here’s hoping that we have no power outages!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

Ellie Girl had a great Christmas! She is so sweet and loves to play as she is giving me her love-maul!

“Yippee Ki-Yay-Yip-Yip! Aren’t I cute?”

DSC02068

Wherever you are in this giant world…we wish you a

“Happy New Years Eve and a Happy New Year Ahead!!!”

Until next time this is HRCG checking out…”Hey Wild Bill where is that warm eggnog before I crash…ok never mind?”

Dedicated To My Kitty Angel Girl…My Minnie Mouse

God Bless you Min-Mouse, The Kitty Of My House…I Love and Miss You!

And that is the rest of the story for today….stay tuned.

Happy Happy New Years!

1. Nylabluesmum
    Feb 06, 2015 @ 12:57:33

How could I not empathize…it is hard to say Goodbye to our 4 leggeds & the longer they are with us the more a part of us they become. I was utterly destroyed when Mingflower left…I tired to tell myself she had a good long life (which she did being 18 1/2 yrs old) but the emptiness & loss was overwhelming……
    I truly beleive that is why Siddhartha was put in my way….so I would not feel like that losing Nylablue (well not as deeply).
    We are inn this together!! Redheads untied 😉
    Love & prayers, Sherri-Ellen ❤ ❤

2. Nylabluesmum
    Feb 03, 2015 @ 13:05:33

**blushes deeply** Thank you for your kind words. I could not let you suffer your loss alone. It is always better when we share the grief together.
    I looked at a few of your photos & we COULD pass for Ssiters…
    We are sisters of the heart for sure!
    Faith & Hope will keep us going….and LOVE!
    Blessings Sherri-Ellen x0x0

Feb 05, 2015 @ 19:41:47

Truly it is easier to share your pain with others going through grief or having gone through it…and again thank you so much for reaching out:) I know I saw the resemblance too and we red heads have to stick together too:) Love ya Sherri-Ellen:) Hugs and prayers:)

3. Nylabluesmum
    Feb 02, 2015 @ 09:04:12

🙂 It was an honour to write that tribute for Minnie Mouse. I just wanted to honour her memory & our friendship. Plus I knew you were not connected to alot of the ‘animal’ bloggers here & I KNEW they would welcome you into the fold so to speak & give you support.
    We are so blessed to have our ‘spirit’ furkids with us: Ellie & Purrince Siddhartha
    ❤ ❤
    I am blessed to call you 'my friend' too!
    When you get a chance plz read our "84 Shadess of Sad"….we are no longer with Dr Dave (not by my choice either!)
    Sending you love & prayers & (((HUGS)))
    Sherri-Ellen & Purrince Siddhartha ❤ ❤ ❤

Feb 03, 2015 @ 00:40:32

I am so grateful for your heart Sherri-Ellen…you wrote Minnie’s beautiful tribute from your heart and it showed…you loved her and you understood what was going on with her health…and you were supportive to me during a very hard time of grief. Thank you Sherri-Ellen for writing such a beautiful tribute and sending it out to all your animals friendships and others too that I did not know yet. They all answered back and sent such wonderful, loving, caring notes to me in regards to loosing my beautiful heart kitty girl…it helped me to share with others who also had lost their four leggeds…I am blessed beyond measure to call you my friend too…and you are my sister girl friend…I am sure of it:) I am sending you prayers and hugs…with lots of positive hope and faith…hugs from HRCG:)

4. Nylabluesmum
    Jan 20, 2015 @ 11:36:15

I can relate crying over the written tribute…it was so difficult for me to write Nylablue’s & I felt I could not breathe thru most of it. Even trying to write ‘her’ last post was rough…I did it the last weekend of her life & fine tuned it as her departure approached.
    I am glad that so many have come over to read your blog & have supported you. This site has a wonderful group of people here.
    I spoke to Dezi & Lexi’s Mom 2 weekends ago all the way from Oklahoma. We talked for 2 1/2 hrs. It was like we have known each other for years!
    ‘Purrince’ Siddhartha surprises me every day (in a good way). All I can say is I am blessed. he is such a joy (even at 6 A.M.) 😉
    Love Sherri-Ellen & ‘Purrince’ Siddhartha ❤ ❤

Jan 20, 2015 @ 21:47:21

And you were so sweet to write a memorial to Minnie in the middle of loosing Nylablue…you were incredible to do that and I will forever treasure your caring heart for Minnie and me. I saw the last post and I thought oh Sherri-Ellen that would be hard hard hard to do and you soldiered on. That took strength, faith, hope, love and lots of moxie:) People have been supportive and so heartfelt nice too.
      Ellie is not quite like MInnie Mouse…but her little heart is very full of love and she curls up on our bed next to me…she is so sweet and so cute… swear she understands what I say…and she has been aware of me crying more the last few days. Today I realized that the two months since I lost Minnie I have been in shock mode and have not known how to go on or deal with the loss. It is good that more tears are falling and that I am reaching out, and sharing Minnie’s life…all part of the healing process. Today I felt like God gave me a image of my tears falling, as He caught them, everyone of them…he then took them to heaven to give them to Minnie Mouse so she could see the love in my tears for her and He took the tears turning them into a loving healing balm of Mommy love…He does the same for you…I know He does:) Love n Hugs:)

• Nylabluesmum
        Jan 24, 2015 @ 12:50:09

😉 How could I NOT write a tribute to Minnie Mouse?? I knew the pain & sadness you were going to go thru…I was feeling it with Nylablue & remember how agonizing it was to say Goodbye to 18 1/2 Mingflower who was with me from 5 mths of age. We shared a lifetime with our cats & the loss was even more profound than losing a human member of the family. (Well for me it is like this).
        Over 2 months for Nylablue here also. I am so grateful you have Ellie. I KNOW she is not Minnie Mouse but she will comfort you & help you move thru the grief.
        ‘Purrince’ Siddhartha has done that for me. Remember I was not even going to go to the adoption event that last weekend of November…..best laid plans & all that!
        G-D in HIs wisdom had a plan; all I had to do was show up, lol….And I am SO-O glad I did.
        My ‘little man’ has pulled me thru the worst of my grief & I look forward to each day with him…
        Our precious furbabies!
        {{{{HUGS}}}} & love & blessings, Sherri-Ellen ❤ ❤

Jan 24, 2015 @ 16:15:01

Amen, we shared a lifetime and we shared lots of love with our girls…I agree with you that our animals are very human and loosing them is like loosing a family member, a human family member. Our girls loved us and filled our lives with their love and catitttude….Minnie brought me so much joy and love, we always looked out for each other….and I will never be able to replace her not would I want to as she was truly my special special kitty angel girl forever and ever. Nylablue knew you needed a new kitty love and she made the arrangements for Siddhartha to come live with you…and it is good. Siddhartha was needed you and you him….and I am thankful for you and for the Purrince:) Yes Ellie had also pulled me through some hard days….she is a huge blessing to both WB and I…she is our blessing doggie girl:) She is good to us and we love her lots and she us too. Sending hugs and thank yous again for writing Mnnie’s first tribute….it was beautiful and you wrote it well:)

5. Nylabluesmum
    Jan 19, 2015 @ 18:21:14

‘Purrince’ Siddhartha just being here is a blessing. I find I am coping better having him to focus on. I think about Nylablue alot & of course I miss her & our routine alot. I noticed tonite Siddhartha curled up in my spot on couch. He has not done this before & it made me 🙂
    Nylablue did that all the time.
    I am blessed!

Jan 20, 2015 @ 01:51:41

Yes you are very blessed my friend…(((big hugs))) and Siddhartha is very blessed to have a forever home with a purrrfect Mum who will love him forever and always…I know you miss Nylablue too…it was so hard to write Minnie’s tribute and I have cried buckets the last two days reading all the wonderful responses and the loving support for Minnie and I…well my eyes leak as I read every one and keep leaking while I write the replies. Animal lovers and all the loving wonderful people out there in bloggieland as so kind. I am very blessed and I know Minnie feels all the love for her too…God Bless and Hugs…tender kitty boy loves, with gentle rubs, chin rubs, ear scratches and kitty hugs…that is so cool that the Purrince curled up on your spot:)

6. Nylabluesmum
    Jan 18, 2015 @ 15:30:28

LOL HRCG truly fun & exhausting! He is up playing at 6:30 a.m. & wanting to eat & running about like a madman. He has more energy than Mingflower & Nylablue combined!!!
    He will be my last kitten (not necessarily my last cat tho’) so I am enjoying the kitten time…with alot of naps in between, lol…
    (((HUGS)) Sherri-Ellen
    P.S.: Kiss Eillie for me! XX

7. Nylabluesmum
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 11:21:48

The cathletics at my place is ongoing. Siddhartha keeps me occupied & busy. Good thing w/out PC!!!!!
    See you in the a few weeks.
    Love to Ellie & Melody & you of course.
    Sherri-Ellen & ‘Purrince’ Siddhartha x0x0x0x0

8. Nylabluesmum
    Jan 05, 2015 @ 13:40:33

Oh yes we are the ‘snow belt’ here. However today we were storm stayed inside. Blizzards & very cold temps. Couldn’t see across the road. So we are snuggled inside. I did help Ruth shovel the truck out…still chilly after being back in for an hour….it is THAT cold out there!!!!
    What a lovely way to honor your parents. Thank you for the thought of an ornament. I am all right. I have lots of photos & the oil painting & the blogs. I feel a bit better each day.
    After all I have my ‘little clown in fur’ to keep me amused 😉
    ((HUGS)) Sherri-Ellen & Siddhartha x0x0

Jan 10, 2015 @ 01:11:28

I love that Clown In Fur…that is so true and so cute:) I know he will keep you laughing hourly for the next few years as he matures…Minnie kept me laughing hard enough I had both tears and giggles:) She was such a cut up and so funny with her catantics:) Love you my friend, you are a blessing to me:)

Liked by 2 people

9. Nylabluesmum
    Jan 04, 2015 @ 13:20:45

No we did not get snowed in. It would take alot to snow us near, near, near Northener in!!! We are prepared for Winter here yearly.
    I love the ornament idea; like a piece of Minnie Mouse is still there with you.
    I did not put up Winter display. No spirit for it plus Siddhartha would have been all over it like a rash & I have enough with him doing regular kitten things, hahaha!
    He DOES make me laugh….he is really a little clown in fur! 😉
    Happy 2015 to us!
    Love Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

Jan 04, 2015 @ 22:04:53

I know I know….I had to laugh when I asked you as I knew your area would be snow ready and prepared…that was like Wyoming too…it was no big deal as weather was weather. Now here everyone has a dither or two…as the area is not that prepared…you would think by now…but we have a tractor with adequate scoop abilities and can blow the snow out for the roads etc. and even grade around the ranch…so we personally are prepared around the place but we have to rely on the county for the roads.
      I wish I had gotten you an ornament too…I found this at Leavenworth when we were there and they were engraving the names at the same time…so it worked out for us to get one for Minnie. I go back to some of the things I learned about grief….for instance I bought my parents each a personal balloon that spoke to my heart too and I tied them together and took them to the cemetery, to their grave and softly spoke my words to them both and how I loved them, cried some too, then I released the balloons to heaven in honor of their wedding anniversary. It gives us a way of honoring their memories and also honoring our emotions, our love and caring for them. The moment I released the balloons it felt so good to me that I was recognizing their special day still and honoring their love and the love I had for them:) I’m kind of old fashioned and sort of traditional in some ways…maybe we can find an ornament for Nylablue too….I will look:)
      “I love the little clown in fur” saying…so true too:)
      Blessings,
      HRCG

Jan 04, 2015 @ 08:23:05

Please give Ellie girl extra hugs from Auntie MJ – she is so cute! I know you miss your Minnie girl so very much; someday, when your heart is ready, another ball of fluff will claim you as her own, of that I’m sure.

Loved the pictures and I remember fondly the feeling of being “hunkered down” on the farm – it was a cozy feeling that’s hard to replicate.

Happy New Year to you sweet friend!
    MJ

Jan 04, 2015 @ 20:51:32

Ahhhh MJ you know I will:) Ellie is incredible, I have never had a dog who is attached to me, she follows me everywhere…of course she worries about my hubby too. She has two temperpedic pet beds that I got at Costco and she prefers to sleep on our bed with us…good thing it is king size:) We love her lots…and Doggie Mom/Santa Paws here bought her lots of GoDog toys for Christmas that she loves! I truly feel Minnie talked to Ellie about how my heart would break and it did and is still very tender, I think she told Ellie to be sure and stick with me as I would need her love…and I am thankful. WB said the other day that Minnie was such a beautiful heart and an incredible animal that she made such a huge impression and she did. Ellie is that way too…she is human smart and she understands words! She makes us both laugh:) Thank you much for your kind words MJ.

That farm country, snuggle down feeling from the snow or weather, brings a warm solitude feeling and it feels so good! When it snows, the countryside becomes incredibly quiet…peaceful like all the animals and neighbors alike are tucked in for a nice snuggly nap…its a quiet hushh that falls on the land…I truly love it. There is so much about the country that I love but the silence of the snow, rates high on the list. Loosing power is not fun but so far this winter we have been good…that has improved over the last decade…knock on wood! I wish you lived closer so you and yours could come visit and hunker down with us:)

God Bless You and Happy New Years…may 2015 be a year of Great Blessing, Happiness, Health, Goofy Fun Times with Laughter and Dancing…and Memories that will always make you smile:) I loved the video that you shared with the guy dancing! Yep made me dance all around the house:)

Hugs and Blessings,
      HRCG

11. Marty the Manx
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 19:41:15

Loved your post 🙂 Sending you wishes for a wonderful and blessed 2015!

Jan 02, 2015 @ 22:20:06

Ahhhhh thank you much:) You are so sweet:) Thank you for dropping in, I love your blog…I always have a smile on my face as I read it…and I love your kitty stripes:) My Minnie Mouse had beautiful stripes like you:)
      I’m sending you all Happy New Years Wishes Filled With Happiness…Good Health…Lots Of Kitty Noms And A Prosperous 2015!

12. adaisygarden
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 17:36:59

Beautiful photos! and Happy New Year to you! 🙂

13. Choc Chip Uru
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 15:59:27

Wow I can’t even imagine this kind of snow! Stay super warm (by snuggling is best :D) and I hope your holidays were incredible! x
    Happy New Year and have a fantastic 2015!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Jan 02, 2015 @ 22:11:10

Hi there Choc Chip Uru…love you:) Thank you for stopping in…and I agree on the snuggling:) Our holidays were bittersweet…we lost our kitty girl Minnie Mouse the end of November and we miss her much. We have a year old Aussie girl named Ellie Belle and I do think Minnie had a visit with her to keep an eye on me as now Ellie is now my shadow…she is so sweet and such a tender heart…I am wishing you a Super Duper Happy Happy Healthy Prosperous New Year 2015!!! Hoping it ROCKS for you:)

14. singleworkingmomswm
    Jan 02, 2015 @ 11:19:28

Burrrrrrrrrr….makes me feel so silly for freezing my toosh off in our high 20’s/low 30’s we’ve been having here at night! But, working at the barn in those temps for us is pretty darn chilly-however, nothing like the snow-covered scenery of your area. The photos are beautiful, though, and make me want to curl up in a blankie with some hot coffee and bask in the quiet. One thing about snow that I love is how quiet it seems to get outside, like the world is taking a much needed nap. I hope you have a terrific 2015, and I’m sorry to see here that your kitty went to heaven. I didn’t know that until now, but I’m sure she is enjoying lots of yummy treats and mice high up in the clouds. Our pets are the most precious of gifts!! Lots of hugs and love to you from Kasey in Cali! XOXO

Jan 02, 2015 @ 22:05:37

Double that BRRRRRRR! no the barn cold is still cold as you also have to figure in humidity with the cold temps…Eastern Oregon has been considered dry but no….Wyoming was dry. We had -30 to -45 wind chill every night during winter months which in Wyoming was like 6-7 months a year where we lived…and we had tons of snow from about the third week in September on…it would finally melt off in June only to still play with us with snow squalls up high all summer…it was nuts as far as weather goes. And wind year round…the growing season was short. But when it got up to zero we were taking off the layers of under armour and the carhartts…we were higher altitude and drier. After Wyoming, the coldest I have ever been was down in Eugene Oregon for a football game at U of O in November due to the humidity…oh my gosh I was sooooo cold it was awful and that was the year I moved home from Wyoming…so weather plays havoc with us!
      I agree with the intense snow quiet…it is almost holy when it snows on the land..cleanses it and the peaceful quiet speaks deep to our heart…and things slow down…you are right, the world takes a much needed nap:)
      Loosing Minnie was so painfully hard…she was so special and so much a part of our life here…I miss her terribly but I know thankfully that I will see her again as she is with God in heaven…and I know she is eating lots of mice and eating catnip deluxe! But being human I miss her and miss her. I am blessed to have Ellie girl, my year old Aussie, she is now my shadow…sleeps with us and is with me forever too.
      God Bless Your New Year and I pray that it will be Happy, Healthy, Prosperous and Blessed and did I say Happy! Hugs and Prayers Always…and it is sooo good to hear from you Kasey:)

Jan 02, 2015 @ 06:31:18

Well Happy New Year out there in the frozen tundra! We’ve yet to see a flake here although I think it’s coming next week….but not that much (I hope). You have a beautiful and cozy house in the middle of all that snow and cold so I hope you had a SNUGGED in holiday. Your tree is gorgeous and while I know you miss Minnie like mad, you’re surrounded by the love of the horses, pups and your hubby. I hope that you have a really wonderful year……here’s to Spring (I know it’s early but a girl can hope!).

Love, Pam (and Sammy)

Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:44:33

Happy Happy New Years Pam and Sammy…love love you two:) Thank you much for your well wishes and support. I am shocked you have not had snow yet…wow….that has to be a bit weird too. We need the snow for moisture content for the crops but we also need rain as the land has been dry the last few years. We have been snuggled down in front of the fireplace and under blankets. Thankfully the power has not gone out…when we loose power we loose water too so it not only affects us but also our animals…large ones in particular as in horses or cows…we end up bucketing water to the horses as they can colic (bad stomach ache and can be deadly). Luckily we have water tanks we fill for emergency but it is a worry…plus my freezers!
      I do think Min-Mouse had a talk with Ellie Belle to follow me everywhere…Ellie has been sleeping with us (she’s clean and we have a king bed) she just snuggles down with us…and she is so very sweet. I found Minnie’s meds yesterday…Ellie was with me and I asked her to help me be strong…I held the syringes and the meds and cried until I realized that Minnie does not need them anymore as she is well and no more pain. And while I miss her she is safe and well…someday I will hold her again and see her. Ellie keeps me laughing and she keeps me occupied…she is a sweetheart:) So is my hubby…he feels the pain too as he is such a tender heart. Yesterday he said “Minnie was quite a kitty to be so remembered and cared for by so many” and he is right…she was something else and such a beautiful kitty girl…just like kitty boy Sammy:) They give us their whole heart and spirit…they love us and we love them…and we are so blessed.
      I’m with you on Spring:)
      Love and Hugs, Marcy and Ellie too:)

16. The View Out Here
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 19:29:27

Snow envy! Snow envy!
    Great pictures HRC.
    Peace, health and the happiest 2015 to you guys there in Juniper Canyon!
    ~d.

Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:26:47

Yeah I know I know! Snow envy is crazy huh…on one hand I want it I want it but then I get it and I want it to leave but I want it:) Thank you so much for stopping in:) Yip Yip Yippeee Ky Yi! Oregon WON!!!! Whoop Whoop!!! I get a bit crazy when they win big…I know my folks have to be thrilled in heaven!
      I also envy your travels with the horses….how cool and fun…lots of miles you have traveled this year! So great to see the country and new places…I’m thrilled when I get to go to Spokane or Portland for a few days and then come home. I wish you a Happy Happy New Years too and Happy Move Back To Home Ground! We will almost be neighbors:)

17. angelswhisper2011
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 13:05:08

Came by to bring you Pawkisses for a Happy New Year 🙂 ❤

Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:22:16

Ahhhh..you are so sweet and special:) Thank you thank you:) Wishing you a special Kitty New Years with lots of kitty loves and snuggles…head butts and nose kisses and pawkisses…but mostly lots of love:) Love you lots:)

18. Nylabluesmum
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 12:06:32

Adore. Your. Blog.
    Thank you for such an uplifting post; you always bring a smile to my face…..
    I think we are getting your storm as it has been snowing for 4 days now! Thank you! I have wanted snow for the entire month of December…it was a green Birthday & Xmas & felt odd.
    Love the kitty ornament on memory of Minnie Mouse…
    Ellie has grown up into a gorgeous girl…I am so glad she stays close to you.\
    Sending you lots of ((((((HUGS)))))) & preayers & love,
    Sherri-Ellen & Siddhartha ❤ ❤ ❤

Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:20:22

🙂 You are welcome..I just need to laugh too so I try to be a bit funny…love to laugh and laugh…good for the heart and the soul:) Wow 4 days that is awesome…so do you get snowed in too? Drifts?
      Yeah I found the kitty ornament on the weekend get away we did…went to a Christmas Shop and say a striped kitty angel ornament and they added Minnie’s name…it was a huge meaning to me to hang it on the tree as Minnie girl loved Christmas:) She loved watching the tree too…Yes Ellie sticks to me like glue and sleeps with me…she is bathed and clean so it is nice to have her snuggle us. I could just see Minnie and her on the bed sharing us…oh the imagined looks make me laugh:)
      Praying for a Happy Happy New Year and a Special Year for You and Siddhartha:){{{{Hugs}}}} and always prayers:)

19. catfromhell
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 09:56:45

Yes! The roads…!!!! We empathize!
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨(¯`’•.¸¸.• ’´¯)¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•**•.
    H░A░P░P░Y░N░E░W░Y░E░A░ R░2015░
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ ♪¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•
    Kisses
    Nellie

Jan 02, 2015 @ 21:02:00

Thank you dear Nellie:) Love you much…you are the sweetest kitty from hell I have ever met…and thank you much for stopping in as I miss my Minnie Mouse deeply…I am glad that all of Minnie and Nylablue’s kitty friends still check in…all kitties rock! And it is so good to see you:) Wishing you the very bestest New Years and also sending lots of kitty rubs and luvs:)

20. speedyrabbit
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 07:27:33

Stay warm and safe,Happy New Year to you all,xx Rachel and Speedy

Jan 01, 2015 @ 06:41:06

Best wishes for the New Year for cowgirls, comboys and everybody on 4 feet!

22. bobmielke
    Jan 01, 2015 @ 04:22:59

I’m sure glad you finally were able to post. I’ve been checking in every day wondering if you and your family were ok. We got our first cold snap here in the Portland valley. We’re at 23 degrees right now with promises to get above freezing today. It’s been bone dry, windy and cold for the past week. There hasn’t been a single snowflake, yet. Mt Hood’s getting hammered but they love that as the ski season is open.

Christmas went well as it usually does. I’ve been the 65 year old adopted son of my best friend’s parents for years now so I always spend holidays at their home. Man can Warren’s mom, Micheline, cook! My Christmas gift each year of a huge box of baked goods with Splenda instead of sugar. They know I’m a type II diabetic.

Stay warm & safe and we’ll keep watching for your next post. – Bob

Jan 02, 2015 @ 20:51:18

Howdy Hi Bob…yes we are good here and so far no power outages! Loosing power is always hard when you have animals and horses that depend on power for their water…and of course there have been times we have gone without power for several days and that is not fun at all:( When the storm begin to hit us last weekend the temps went down overnight and it was dang cold last Saturday afternoon…when I fed Saturday morning it was mild and Saturday late afternoon was so cold…such a huge change. The wind howled all night and Sunday too and then Sunday night we had the snow hit us with more wind and below zero temps…it was crazy weird weather as it was coming from a different direction. Today we had a balmy high of 12 degrees…and right now it warmed up to 30 degrees…the snow has been blown around and even with the warm temps we should be ok flood wise…our ground is so dry here that we need the moisture so it seems to go right in which is good.
      Good news for Hood I am sure and for Portland too right…I can’t remember but is it Bull Run where you get your water? So all the snow will help with that too so that you all have good water next summer.
      How cool is that! I love it that you are the 65 year old adopted son:) So cool really and fun too! Yum on the good cooking too:) Always good to hear from you my Oregon friend:) Stay warm ok…have a great weekend!

• bobmielke
        Jan 03, 2015 @ 00:13:40

I have about a dozen Oregon/Washington blogging followers. We correspond back and forth on a regular basis. We’re warming up here right now with the temperature at midnight at 36 with rain coming in at 4 p.m. Saturday – Monday. We do get our water from Bull Run even though the stupid federal government is trying to force us to cap the reservoir and add fluoride. We already have the cleanest drinking water in the country if we can just keep the punks from pissing in it. The operator drained the whole reservoir last year because of that.

No snow in the valley as yet which suits me just fine. Let Mt Hood have it all for the skiers and snowboarders. The lodges count on that for a living and we count on the snowpack for our drinking water. Stay snug and warm. – Bob

Jan 03, 2015 @ 22:26:00

Yes we are under a winter storm advisory again as tonight we are to have snow, sleet, freezing rain and wind through Monday…hoping the storm will detour around us…I hear the wind blowing though so prob not. It warmed up a tiny bit here but not enough to melt our snow and the icy roads. That is ridiculous on the Government and Bull Run! Yes I agree with Hood keeping the snow as our tiny ski resorts around our area need the snow too as without it, their business flounders and I feel terrible for them…we used to always have snowy winters until about 25 years ago when it all changed. Wishing you a peaceful Sunday and that those mild temps keep on keeping on for you:)

• bobmielke
        Jan 04, 2015 @ 00:12:38

Here I am all enthused to go on another photo safari and I just glanced at our weather forecast. Yikes! 80%, 90% and 70% chance for heavy rain through Monday. On the bright side at least we’re back above freezing this coming week with highs around 50 degrees. That will seem downright balmy compare to last week. Stay snug & warm!

Jan 04, 2015 @ 20:07:43

Yikes is right!!! We somehow missed the snow so far but it has warmed up enough that we have flood watches…however at least it has warmed up:) Now if the water will run off slowly and evaporate in the ground it would be awesome as we need the rain or moisture out here badly for the crops this year. We are on high enough ground we will be ok here…we do have a year round stream across from the house that occasionally floods but has not for a few years now….I know I should say knock on wood! So the hatches are battered down and we will ride it out:)

• bobmielke
        Jan 05, 2015 @ 00:21:02

Good luck on riding it out. The only kind of weather that gets serious around here is snow. I now live on a gold course, literally. In retirement I can weather almost anything. My food stores will last for a week as long as I have power to make pancakes and warm soup. Darn, I’m down to my last can of chili! I’ll have to arm wrestle my landlord for it. LOL

23. Mumsy's Little Chancy Man
    Dec 31, 2014 @ 20:40:12

Oh, my!! That is a lot of snow and you are right that you were seriously stuck in that snow. Stay warm and safe. Loved all the pictures! We wish you a Very Happy New Year and we hope that 2015 will be filled with love, happiness, good health, all you need to live comfortably and lots of hugs and nose kisses! Maggie, Gene, Chancy, Pooh and Baby Boy

Dec 31, 2014 @ 21:00:58

Thank you so much Maggie, Gene, Clancy, Pooh and Baby Boy:) I am wishing you all a very Happy New Years too…that 2015 will be a year of good health and happier times:) I have to share that the picture of me stuck in the deep snow was when we lived in Wyoming but I was trying to be funny about how crazy our weather here in Eastern Oregon can get…(the rest of the snow pictures are here) when we lived in Wyoming we had windchill readings of 40 to 60 below and we had deep snow but it was a dry cold as compared to here. In Eastern Oregon we have a dry climate but we have more humidity than Wyoming and after we moved back from Wyoming, I was much colder here than I was there. In Wyoming, when the daytime temps got up to zero, we took off our heavy Carharts or heavy coats as the sun was warm. Our elevation was 7500′ and here it is right at 1900 to 2000′ so a bit of a difference. But our weather here is much different than when I grew up…the last few years it has changed a lot and it is true that anytime town has nice weather, we often do not whether snow or thunder storms…anyways…thank you for commenting and for your support…I miss Minnie yet so much…she was so sweet and such a good girl…huggies and always nose kisses:)

Dec 31, 2014 @ 20:25:09

Well I hope you remain warm and cozy in your little piece of Siberia. I might not have believed you, but we too have weird pockets of weather around here. It has something to do with the mountains and valleys and rivers and how the winds blow. You can have two feet of snow here, and dry ground a mile away. We were the only place in the area to NOT get hit by Hurricane Sandy a couple of years ago … like there’s a little bubble of “different weather” over us … good or bad, depending on the particular event.

Happy New Year! I do not envy you your weather, but I do envy you the extraordinary beauty of your mountain home. Hope the new year is good to you and yours!

Dec 31, 2014 @ 20:50:33

Hi Marilyn…yah no we do not want Siberia here as with animals not good…our weather this week has been tough to endure for man and animal alike…anytime we get below zero we worry about power outages, as when our power goes out we loose water for our animals and for us. Having lived here my entire life I can safely say no we have never had the weather we have had the last ten years here…truly bizarre for Eastern Oregon…currently we are way below normal moisture for the farmers and the crops…has been getting drier and drier the last two years. Hopefully this new year will bring us gentle rains again that rain deep. As for your weather being odd that I cannot comment on as I do not know your area or the weather patterns..I only know my little piece of the world here.

My post was my attempt of a funny laugh out loud post about our country life here and the weather being so unpredictable:) I was trying to make the locals who read my blog laugh some too:) Wishing you a Happy New Year too!