Life Is Moving At Warp Speed!

Life is moving at warp speed…and I’m hanging on tight!

I have no idea where the last month went? Minnie slept and had kitty dreams…I took lots of pictures…and helped launch the new web page for our business…the web page took lots of time and energy as I fretted over it. The day it went live, the heavy burden I had carried for the last two years, rolled off my shoulders! I love how our graphic designer caught the vision of our business…the uniqueness of what we do…along with the where and why…he did a great job! I still have lots of updating yet to do with Awards, Shows, Press and several vehicles to add to Portfolio.  Check it out at this link http://www.holtonsecretlab.com/

Harvest came and went…

Trucks rolled by day and night hauling wheat out of the Juniper elevator.

While bank out wagons and combines loaded semi’s right in the field…

The semi’s either hauled the crop directly to the river from the farmer’s fields or to the elevator.

Smoky fires in Central Oregon brought beautiful skies during sunrise and sundown.

Annie and I felt badly for the firefighters and the people who had to evacuate from their homes. That would be incredibly hard to do.

I had the opportunity to meet some of my Norwegian family, as Anne Marie and her husband were visiting America. I was thrilled that they stopped in to visit and meet us. I looked frumpy as I had no make up on and my hair was not done. I was in the office that day and planned later to clean up….never fails right? They loved the house and Anne Marie was deeply touched knowing her Dad visited the house when my Great Grandmother Anne Marie lived here…and yes she was named after my Great Grandmother. As Anne Marie gazed out the front windows, she was very blessed and thankful as she knew her Dad had seen the same view out the same window. Heritage and family…is there anything more important!

Our new puppy Ellie, is almost 13 weeks old now and oh so very cute! She snuck over to the corral and grabbed some horse poop to chew on…why I don’t know, but cattle dogs usually like it! Look at her cute eyes…she is so sweet…does not whine or bark for no reason…she is very smart and just a good good girl:)

We LOVE her lots…she is my sweetheart!

While Minnie is tolerating her…she finds Ellie interesting to watch from a distance. Ellie is our first house dog…right now she and Minnie are about the same size.

Minnie is thinking “I’m the Queen of the house! Maybe I can pounce on her and squish her…hu-rumph!” Ellie thinks of Minnie as family since she is in the house with us…so Ellie will protect Minnie.

Ellie is so smart and understands what you are asking, she is doing great with house breaking and learning a few commands such as sit, lay, stay, down. She loves to lay on her belly in the yard with her back legs spread out too!

For some odd reason the writing bug has been elusive and I do not know why…it is frustrating! I am going with it and instead taking a ton of pictures to share…and yet I am trying to find the me that writes.

Have a wonderful late summer evening …may God Bless You where ever you are:)

1. Marcella Rousseau
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 13:05:09

Wow, blink and I can miss a year’s worth of news in your life. You met your relatives! That’s exciting and nice that they came to visit you. Next time you should go visit them and study Norwegian! (Is that a language?) Nordic? I do watch Newscancook.com on PBS (New Scandinavian cooking) but I hadn’t picked up any words from the chef.

In my case, I studied Italian and went to visit my second cousins in Italy after I found them through the Internet. You probably got hugged and kissed to pieces! Love your new puppy. She is precious. And who is that young looking horse? Annie? Is she new too? Such pretty coloring.

It was such a beautiful day today. I went outside and did some trimming of overgrown bushes. There is lots more to do but I will spread it out over the week since the weather is going to be in the 70’s. This is my kind of weather. I haven’t checked out your new website yet. Will do that soon. Take care. Don’t worry about the writing. You’re probably talked out with the relatives visiting. When things slow down you’ll be able to concentrate more.

So what new words have you learned from your relatives?

Oct 13, 2013 @ 12:02:11

Hi there:) It is good to hear from you! It has been a while huh? It was vey nice to meet relatives from Norway…and extra special to meet Anne Marie who was named after our Great Grandmother Anne Marie that the house that I live in today was built for. It was special to her to see the same view her Father and grandfather spoke of seeing. I would love to learn Norwegian and also to go to Norway!How fun for you to go to Italy!

Yes Ellie is so sweet and special to me…my Dad always had dogs and when we raised them from pups, I got to play with them, they became my friends but then when they grew up, it was Dad that they went with to chase cattle and between choosing me or Dad…it was Dad and I understood but always hoped someday to have a dog of my own. WB always had our cattle dogs i the way that Dad did so yes I got to raise them from the puppy stage but then they worked with WB and did not want to be with me…so Ellie is my first very own puppy….and she is hooked on to me, very bonded to me and I love her!!! Annie is 4 this year…we brought her home as a weanling when she was 6 months old. She has grown into a beautiful young lady:)

I can’t remember where you live but oh I would love the 70’s this time of year….today here it is sunny with a few clouds but only 53 degrees so a bit brisk out….from now on it will gradually get colder until it is 30 degrees most of the days until late Spring. I like all four seasons but when it gets super cold out and nothing but gray skies or foggy days….it gets kind of blah! Thank you for stopping in to visit and I am wishing you a bright sunny day:)

2. Jonathan Caswell
    Sep 23, 2013 @ 15:55:27

AND…you are nominated for the “OPPOSITES-ATTRACT” BLOG AWARD!!!! See my blog for details (from the “Cat From Hell”, and my post appearing soon. 🙂

3. Jonathan Caswell
    Sep 23, 2013 @ 15:31:28

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    AND…HOW!!!!!!!

Sep 14, 2013 @ 03:32:21

So nice to see a post from you!! What great photos too – love the fact you had family visitors from afar who could enjoy that beautiful house and land just as you do and feel the “family vibe” from every view out the window. Your puppy is precious and I’m glad Minnie has accepted her into the house as an occupant and not just a visitor! The new website for the business is awesome – well organized and showcased and the photos are really just plain fabulous of course. I do hope it brings lots of new car owners there to keep everyone busy making what’s beautiful even moreso. Home on the range looks as gorgeous as ever…….enjoy it all – I know you do!

Hugs, Pam

Sep 14, 2013 @ 15:43:03

Thank you so much:) It was wonderful to meet Anne Marie and to hear her talk about the old times.I was blessed that she came and was able to look out the front windows knowing her Dad saw the same view…very special.Ellie, the new puppy, is adorable and so smart…she is housebroken already at 12 weeks and knows the Minnie is Grandma Kitty and to not bother her…Minnie has ben getting lots of new toys and play time plus lots of treats the last month so she likes all the attention:) I worry so much about her and worried that she would be upset but she seems ok with Ellie so far. Australian Shepherds are very protective of their families and Minnie is her family now too. Ellie walks in front of me even though she is a pup she knows that she is to do that…the Aussie walks in front to be on the look out in protecting you, its really cool to see. When we had our first Aussie I was not sure what they were doing but that is their natural born ability to be on the look out to protect their family. Thank you for the encouragement on the new web site too. I had the old one up and running for 13 years, while it looked great etc. I knew it was time for a change for us…and I love what the graphic designer came up with as he caught my vision…we always laugh and tell people that this is our filed of dreams, not a baseball field but a street rod shop in the middle of a wheat field:) Right now we have over 12 restorations going for different customers….luckily WB has a big shop. Its fun to hear the stories of the car from the customer as often they had been in the family or they inherited it from their Aunt etc. or maybe they had one in high school. I enjoy hearing about their lives and why they have the car.
      Wishing you and Sammie a wonderful weekend…Big hugs to you Pam and Sam:) It is good to see you too:)
      HRCG or Marcy or MJ…I answer to them all:)

5. mythreemoggies
    Sep 14, 2013 @ 01:54:08

You do not look frumpy :-). Glad you got to meet your relatives 🙂 lovely photos xx

6. John Peek
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 09:59:03

Good to see you are enjoying the cooler fall weather, we missed you and Bill at WW Wheel n Weekend. The Kaiser received the sponsors trophy from Best Western Hotel. The weather was great hope all is well in Juniper Canyon. jsp

Sep 13, 2013 @ 10:58:21

Hi there:) Good to hear from you, congrats on the trophy!The “Lab” is doing great. We have three full time employees not counting Bill, we are looking to hire a wiring/mechanical/suspension employee and a shop manager. Our two older employees have a bunch of experience, one used to own his own shop and the other worked in the same shop for 20 years until the owner retired. Bill had them both in his Autobody Classes he taught at BMCC…and our apprentice is good…actually loves it! Our shop is busy busy and full right now. Four Corvettes, Mach 1 Mustang, Metropolitan, 49 Chev. P-Up, 35 Dodge P-Up which is done and we keeping it through the winter as they live in NM…also have a Spitfire and I am probably forgetting something. We had a bad flood from the storm on Thursday…our road here is still a mess with dirt now and rocks, waiting on the county to have the time to clean it up. There was other flooding in between us and WW so we decided to not try coming to the show…I plan to get the web site blog updated today. Tell Grace “Hello” for me:)

7. neilirving
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 08:37:21

Love the web site, I want all of the cars, don’t know where the time has gone autumn is nearly upon us the nights are cold and its been raining for a week, can’t wait for some of my family to come over from New Zealand and see where there family came from

Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:02:25

Thank you:) It is a work in progress as we have to do the updating next. Do you have family in New Zealand? Our son is about an hour out of Wellington, he commutes to Wellington everyday for his job…they live on 5 acres and a half of mile from the beach. They are not sure if they should have moved to NZ with all the earthquakes…we have not had rain except last week we had a wicked storm with a cloudburst, dangerous lightening and a tornado alert…we do not have tornados here so that caught us by surprise.

• neilirving
        Sep 14, 2013 @ 12:01:39

After the 2nd world war two of my grandads brothers had a falling out over a girl and both left home and both ended up in New Zealand one in North Islands Auckland and one in South Islands Christchurch, through Facebook I have traced the Auckland branch which has been great looks like they have a great lifestyle out there, lots of fishing, hunting, and horse back riding, I think the world’s weather has gone a bit mad, it’s been hot and sunny today but rain and gale force winds forecast for tomorrow, horses are tucked up in their stables all the gardening is done I’m going to hide away with a bottle of cider

Sep 14, 2013 @ 15:22:49

Our son and his wife had vacationed in NZ three different times and fell in love with it. They moved to NZ almost two years ago. Its funny that the brothers both ended up in NZ…did they ever heal? It has been hotter than normal here and dry…our weather has been weird too the last couple of years. Have a restful night and Sunday too:)

• neilirving
        Sep 15, 2013 @ 12:17:31

I would love to go over there but with jobs kids and horses its not going to happen any time soon, No they never spoke to each other, thankfully there kids kept in touch with each other and kept the NZ side of the clan together, hope you ahve had a nice day and the weather has been nice, after spending the day in the sun yesterday it’s been horrible today, wet and windy

Sep 16, 2013 @ 19:57:10

We had a terrible storm last night here….very weird and unusual for this area. I will be blogging about it. know what you mean as it is hard for us to leave too with owning a small business and then too our horses, dogs and cats…but one of these days hopefully we will make it over to NZ.

8. WestEastern
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 05:19:43

Your puppy is way too much to handle! We were fawning over how cute she is while enjoying our coffee this morning 🙂

Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:05:40

Miss Ellie is verrrry cute and so sweet. We love Australian Shepherds as they are very loyal, great alarm systems with their barking and protection of their family…and they do not take off to visit the neighbors. Minnie is on the sofa with me and Ellie is asleep on my feet on the floor. I will keep you updated as she is growing etc. It is good to see you:) Thank yo for stopping by:)

Sep 13, 2013 @ 04:08:37

What a luscious website! Well done.

And I loved catching up with you, Ellie is adorable, poop-breath or not. I’d love to sit with her on your porch, pet her soft fur and chat with you over a cup of coffee — and drink in those beautiful views.

don’t worry about the writing bug … it will return, it always does. Life’s busy right now, I’d say just roll with it and be ready ’cause when it comes back it usually does with quite a bit to be written about 🙂

Hugs to you … and Miss Minnie Mouse, too.

PS — you’ll love this. Tues night, I was out getting the mail. It’s been about 6 weeks since our Frankie passed away; the old Golden next door came bounding over for a pet & some loving. He got his fill and then stood, looking at the door to my house. He looked and looked and then sighed. I swear he sighed. He was waiting for old dog to come out and when he didn’t, he leaned into me and gave me a full body hairbag doggie hug and bounded on home. Don’t you just love that? I do. I felt Frankie with me at that moment …. Bests – MJ

Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:23:28

You gave me big tears in reading your PS on Frankie and the Golden Retriever. I know it has to hurt so much…and so does God, so He stepped in and gave you a big hug while assuring you that Frankie is ok. I firmly believe we will see all our pets when we get to heaven:) Thank yo for sharing with me…animals are so very smart and they know. We lost Auzzie two years ago, he was the older male Aussie we had rescued when we also rescued the female Tucker so they had been with each other for 7 years. Tucker clearly grieved for several months about loosing Auz. We lost Bill’s horse in Wyoming and my mare Lottie, stood by his grave the entire winter…it was so sad.
      I worry about Minnie all the time as she is 18 and a half now…but very healthy, playful and happy. I worried she would be upset about Ellie…El was raised around kitties so when she first saw Minnie she sort of bounded up to her as in “Hey do you want to play with me” and Minnie swatted her hard enough El did a somersault…that was almost 4 weeks ago now…and El likes Min and stays back from her. I pray over them both. Do you remember Ms. Kiah? I lost her last winter in a freak way…broke my heart…Ellie is a half sister to her, they both had the same father. After loosing Auz I called the breeders of Kiah and put my name on the puppy list…Ellie is a blessing to us:)
      I can not believe the summer is almost gone! The web site for our business took most of July and August…so that threw me off somewhat. I had the web site builders doing all the tech stuff and I just did the approval and or make suggestions and etc. Our old site had been up for 14 years so it was a time for a new look and change…I’ll be working with one of the designers on the updates this next week.
      And I need to get some rodeo pictures loaded on my next blog…its Let “Er Buck week here as the Round Up is in full swing!
      Sending you big hugs,
      HRCG

10. bulldog
    Sep 12, 2013 @ 20:21:32

Had a look at your website… very impressive…

11. Texas, a cat in... Austin
    Sep 12, 2013 @ 18:58:18

Don’t let the doggie steal your house, Minnie! You are still and always will be the Queen!
    Purrs

Sep 12, 2013 @ 22:05:08

Minnie is my heart…18 years means she went through the death of my parents with me…then she went through breast cancer with me…she is my everything…Ellie is my protector…I grew up in this house…now we have security systems on the house, the shop and the barn. My hubby wanted me to have a dog in the house to protect me…so yes I am training a dog to be in my house with me and with Minnie for protection for our lives…thank you for your comment…

12. jesusknowsmyname
    Sep 12, 2013 @ 17:30:11

Well then, Ellie can keep those puppy kisses all to herself!

Sep 12, 2013 @ 22:06:41

Minnie is my heart…18 years means she went through the death of my parents with me…then she went through breast cancer with me…she is my everything. Ellie is my protector…I grew up in this house…now we have security systems on the house, the shop and the barn. My hubby wanted me to have a dog in the house to protect me…so yes I am training a dog to be in my house with me and with Minnie for protection for our lives…thank you for your comment…

Sep 12, 2013 @ 16:08:59

Your new site is totally awesome!! But so is this old site 🙂

Sep 12, 2013 @ 22:10:19

Hi there, it is good to hear from you:) The new web site is for the business…not for the word press site for the Hot Rod Cowgirl…I carried the burden for the old web site as customers could not figure out why we had not updated etc.