Blogger Awards!!!

A few weeks ago I was honored to receive several awards  from Heather at  http://sugardishme.com/ who was given these awards herself and in turn has passed them on to me:)  She has a great cooking blog and also writes about life…has some great stories about her boys and her recipes.

First was the Kreativ Blogger Award:)

I try hard to be Kreativ but sometimes I have to dig and ruminate for a new idea….and get creative:)

The second award is The New Blogger Award:)

I am in award shocker-roos…

One of my favorite pictures of my parents…I know I have shown it before….Mom was a true cook. She cooked on a wood cook stove…without running water…electricity or any of the conveniences. Ranch crews in the early years ranged from the average of 6 to 25…Mom had no telephone or internet or tweets or facebook…cell phones…na-da for Mom to know exactly how many to cook for…but on a moments notice Mom always had enough food for whoever showed up at the dinner table and always had a smile:)

Somehow I got sidetracked…I was thinking about Heather being a good cook…and I thought of my Mom too:)

Seven Things About Me

1. Mom told me when I could take care of long hair I could have long hair…I quickly learned how to take care of my hair and traded in the pixie hair cuts for pig tails!

2. When I lost my Dad and found out that Mom was terminally ill too…I made arrangements to cut my waist long hair off and did…I did not tell anyone so both Mom and WB were shocked as my long red hair was part of me. It took several years but it is long again thank goodness…and it will stay long forever:)

3. Wild Bill and I will celebrate 36 years this year…he is still the love of my life and my heart…my man and my soul mate.

4. I have three awesome horses that I love and appreciate…I have had horses ever since I was born…Dad had me on my first horse who I called “Prince” when I was two years old…they are like my hair…part of me.

5. I love writing and photography as well as music and dancing.

6. I have never lived in town or had neighbors that lived close to us. When we go to a large city it is a bit nerve-wracking.

7. I am not a TV watcher…I find it mindless and boring.

Ok I get to pay it forward…I nominate these 7 blogs and pass the awards on to each of them. Here are the links for you to click on and read some great blogs…and look at some great photography.

My Seven Blog Nominations To Pass The Awards To Are:

1.  http://somethingtoliveby.wordpress.com/

2.  http://tau0.wordpress.com/

3.  http://justanotherdayoutwest.wordpress.com/

4.  http://jesusknowsmyname.wordpress.com/

5. http://anothercowgirlup.wordpress.com/

6.  http://skedazzles.com/

7. http://aislingjenningsphotography.wordpress.com/

Ooops I almost forgot….

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link posted on your blog back to their blog.

2. List seven things about yourself.

3. Pay it forward by nominating seven bloggers.

Let’s head over to check out what’s cooking at  http://sugardishme.com/ ….I need ideas for dinner tonight:) Thank you Heather…..sorry it took me so long to get this posted:)

1. Heather @ SugarDish(Me)
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 17:57:15

I was wandering around your pages looking for that awesome photo of a rainbow and found this post, so I took a minute to re-read. Thanks so much for your kind words! 🙂

Apr 18, 2012 @ 22:15:56

🙂 I appreciated your nomination and I love your recipes as I can make them and understand how…I still say a cookbook is coming in your life:) I have the picture and I know that it is in here somewhere…hoping to capture more amazing rainbows this year too….today was one of the first days that our weather is beginning to do some funky things with clouds and light and colors!

2. Shannon Pruitt from 'Mynewfavoriteday'
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 14:29:19

Yippee! Love learning more about you. I loved your writing and I am sorry about your mom and dad. Love that you had such long hair and that you and Wild Bill have 36 years together! Congratulations on all your well deserved awards! ❤ Shannon

3. RealRanchWife
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:42:04

Congrats on your awards!

4. campfireshadows
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 17:04:44

I love the 2 gallon porcelain coated coffee pot!

Mar 21, 2012 @ 17:12:00

Good memories of old times:)

• campfireshadows
        Mar 21, 2012 @ 17:14:31

Save that pic, I’d love some day to ask permission to use it in one of my stories. If not, it’s a great one to do a charcoal drawing of. 🙂

Mar 21, 2012 @ 17:27:43

I have it in a safe place…I have lots of great pictures like this of our cattle ranching days…this was taken of my parents in about 1964…this was the bunkhouse and Mom did all the cooking in here on the old wood cook stove…I was 11 years old then and my main job was bucking water to Mom for doing dishes and etc. I rode with my Dad everyday moving and checking on cattle…I loved that life and feel ever so blessed that I grew up in it…I missed out on lots in the summer such as kid dances and movies…but I would not have traded it for that…it was a different life and one that I sure miss. I have so many great memories of the cows, horses and riding forever with my Dad…Mom stayed at cow camp as she did not like the horses so much but loved to cook:) Good times…

• campfireshadows
        Mar 21, 2012 @ 18:18:17

The greatest thing about memories is that you can re visit them by just closing your eyes. In Idaho on the farm in Hazelton, we had a wood cook stove and hand pump on the kitchen sink counter.The sink was wood that had copper over it. I love those times and would never trade them. A funny; when my mom married my dad, she had never seen a farm. (from a suburb of cleveland, ohio) My dad showed her his pigs. A new mom was lying on her side waiting for the little piglets to feed again when my mother pointed and asked, “What are those pink pegs sticking out from her belly?” My dad and his sister nearly wet their pants laughing!

Mar 21, 2012 @ 18:38:01

🙂 Priceless…your Mom sounds like mine…Mom knew how to boil water but cooking was a stretch at first…she learned and became known for her cooking…I love the old stories and memories…would loved to have been there when your Mom asked about the pink pegs:)

• campfireshadows
        Mar 21, 2012 @ 18:50:19

At he time, I was just a smile on my dads face! ha ha

Mar 21, 2012 @ 16:54:02

Absolutely love the photo of your Mom and Dad .. and your story of her that followed. Cheers to you for enjoying and celebrating real love for 36 years – whoop whoop!

And congrats on the awards. 🙂
    MJ

Mar 21, 2012 @ 15:37:39

Congrats on the awards! And I love that photo of your Mom and Dad: love the vintage tablecloth, the old enamel coffeepot, but most especially the way he’s looking at her and her smile for him. Special!

Mar 21, 2012 @ 13:28:24

Congratulations a lot, Cowgirl!! 🙂

Mar 21, 2012 @ 13:23:19

A great big congratulations for your blogging awards! Loved your “ten things” too……it’s always fun to read people’s responses/answers on those because you just learn so much about them. There’s nothing like receiving some recognition for the blogs we write……who doesn’t like things that make you FEEL good and recognize your contributions to the blogosphere!!!

Hugs from Sam and Pam

Mar 21, 2012 @ 13:47:00

Thank you Sam and Pam….yes the ten things are fun to read in other’s blogs…truly I am humbled and honored and wowed over when I receive an award from a fellow blogger….it is a good feeling in your writers heart:) Was going to tell you that it was very hard for me to leave Minnie last week….geezo…she did warm up to our house sitter this time though so that helps…she did not allow her to pet her but Minnie smelled chicken and came out to visit Loretta..and got a few bites of chicken…that was a good sign:) She is happy that we are home now and is glued to me…or maybe I am glued to her:)

• onespoiledcat
        Mar 21, 2012 @ 13:57:14

It’s great to have a housesitter so she doesn’t have to leave her “comfort zone” ! I know how tough it is to leave them behind though…..but the “reunions” are so GREAT! LOL Congratulations again!

Mar 21, 2012 @ 13:59:06

Yes I am blessed to have such a kind housesitter….she loves all our animals from Minnie to the dogs and horses and barn kit kats:)

9. creativenoshing
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:17:48

Configurations on the award. Enjoyed your facts.

10. jesusknowsmyname
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:13:23

So nice of you to do this–nominate me, but alas I am an “Award-Free” blog. I so enjoy your blog and will look at the other nominees, but I just can’t spare the time to do the follow-up. I hope you understand, but again, thank you so much. Your photos and stories are so delightful, this one here of your parents is like a classic photo. Looks like they were real partners in love and life.

Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:20:39

I understand…it takes me extra time to do, but I get excited in hoping to encourage other writers and photographers…even though you are an award free blog…you will know that I think your blog is awesome:) Congrats congrats:):):)

11. wolke205
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:07:22

Congrats to you!! 😀 Wow, 36 years! I m getting married in May, I do hope our love will last forever 🙂

12. Year Of Healthier Living
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:03:42

Heather is awesome–and so are you! Congratulations!!