Our Barn Cats Pat And Jack…Are The Lions Of Our Barn And Hearts!

Our barn cats Pat and Jack…are the lions of our barn and of our hearts!

Bobtail Jack was born with a bobtail…while Pat came with a tail option…yet 100% brothers.  Fluffy golden balls of ferocious kit cat…rock solid under their fluffy hair as they work out to” Bob and Jillian’s” work out routine!

With top of the line cat condos upstairs in the barn and heated automatic waterers downstairs…a continuous supply of kitty food and love…this is premium first class ta-ta living kit cat style of the Rich and Famous Cats!

Both NTO (No Tail Option) and TOI (Tail Option Included)  have managed to kill the mouse community in the huge old barn…thank goodness! I hate seeing something dark and moving quickly in a corner or under my feet…Eeewwwwwww…with a shriek on the end…Fanny Annie agrees.

Can you see the small cut out hole in the door frame on the right…WB cut kitty doors into the outside doors so they can come and go through the outside and the inside doors. No coyote or dog can venture into the barn unless they want to die and go to heaven.

Both cats used to get into fights with each other as they had not been altered yet and often it sounded like the barn was possessed!!! They would scream at each other and growl LOUDLY. It would be hysterically funny if you were outside talking to someone who did not know they were in the barn and the screaming escalated…the person talking to you would stop and look at the barn and ask you what is going on in there? WB and I would get a huge snicker out of that…we country folks is weird when it comes to playing jokes on each other or someone else:)

Jack is the shy one and the biggest one by a smidgen.

Pat is taking time to give me a kitty pose. They both have pretty green eyes…go ahead and make their day!

I leave you with “Mary Ann Kennedy’s” song “Barn Cats”…I love her music…true heart of the western spirit…look her up…I have all of her CD’s:)

“Barn Cats By Mary Ann Kennedy”

I”m a barn cat, not an alley cat

Or a house cat, I don’t sit on laps

I got a real job…I catch mice

It’s a tough life…I”m a barn cat

Meow this is my territory

Bow wows…look out

I got sharp claws

And a king size bed made out of straw

I’m so glad, I’m a barn cat

I got a feed room, and a tack room

And 4 stalls I stalk em all

Don’t need a litter box, I got a round pen

60′ of sand…I’m a barn cat

Have a great Wednesday!

1. tbnranch
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 22:07:21

Wow, huge cats! Pretty, and earn their keep too! Great post, enjoyed!

2. The View Out Here
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 14:17:41

Love a bob-tailed cat – what would we do w/out barn cats!?
    ~d.

3. javeriyasayeedsiddiqui
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 11:41:48

omg! i wanna HUGGG that cattt!! 😀

Feb 29, 2012 @ 10:24:39

Pat and Jack are GORGEOUS…..such luxurious fur – very lion-like! Looks like they are living large in that barn AND earning their keep with the clearing out of the mice…..a Win/Win for everybody!

Pam (and Sammy)

Feb 29, 2012 @ 17:46:59

You would hit it off with them Sammy…they are characters and being in such good shape they would be perfect spies to help you with your cases with the undercover work you are doing:) Have a warm and meowy night:)

5. campfireshadows
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 09:41:37

The ranch that I worked at had a huge old impliment and feed barn with over 20 barn cats roaming the area. In the winter, we fed the cats indoors by pouring five pounds of cat food into an old satalite dish that we used as a giant feed bowl. One day I took on the chore of feeding the cats. They had gathered around the satalite dish waiting for their dinner when from a high up cross beam fell a mouse… right into the center of the food I had just poured in. It took the cats just one second to realize a live mouse had just invited itself to be part of their dinner. With a pounce all 20+ cats dove for the mouse. Believe it or not, the mouse excaped in the confusion. I bet it had a tale to tell his fellow mice that night!

6. wolke205
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 09:40:28

Awww, this post made my day 🙂 I love cats and both are so damn cute! Real miniature lions 😀

7. weisserwatercolours
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 09:38:14

beautiful cats–and great stories

8. jesusknowsmyname
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 09:34:19

Oh, this is just the cutest dang thang! That is a nice barn, and don’t you just love the fragrance of the bales when it’s a warm day and the sun is beating on the barn roof. Those kitties pull their weight! We’ll have to hear about the dogs too, you know! And speaking of fragrance, I love the smell of a horse’s skin. I was telling my husband you are in eastern Oregon, and he went on and on about the landscape–he used to be an OTR trucker and he’s seen a lot of the country. So enjoying your blog, writing and being able to enjoy the ranch living right here from my chair! Have a good one!

Feb 29, 2012 @ 15:44:23

Thank you so much…yes I love the barn…loved playing in it when I was little…love the smell of horses too…I know that God rides horses all the time in heaven:) I will be doing a story about our doggies soon…each one of them is unique. Our animals bless our lives so much…they are incredible to love and live our lives with….hope you have a restful evening:)