Simple Times In A Simple Country Girl’s Life

Simple times in a simple country girls life in Juniper Canyon can be interesting…always changing…certainly not boring. What is it like where you live? If you were to ask me what is it like here, this is what I would say…

Amazing views because you can see forever…ever changing incredible light for picture taking nuts like me…you never know what living scene of daily life you will see or experience.

Most mornings you wake to a beautiful sunrise…filled with a revered quiet…stillness that fills you with a sense of God and peace for the new day.

Equally beautiful sunsets kiss your face each night and never fail to put on a chromatic color scheme of pure country beauty.

Solitude…looking into forever…not seeing another person…just you and the stillness of the land.

I know that horses will be in heaven because God made them and He loves to ride them…I feel like I am already ย in heaven when I ride Melody…she makes my heart rest and my spirit go ahhhhhhh.

A warm winter’s night that feels like spring…it was incredible to look up and see two jets overhead in the golden evening twilight.

One of our resident hawks taking off to hunt for dinner. I then convinced Wild Bill to hike up on the hill as I was hoping for some moon shots.

Even after living here forever I never get tired of the views and knowing that the ground I walk on has been in my family for over 100 years…that speaks deep to your soul. I thank God for our home and this land everyday.

Here is a bit of history…the old clubhouse that we made for our kids and eventually became our grandkids. It has been everything from a rocket ship to a fort to a tank to a spaceship. In real life though it was an original tractor cab way back in the early 40’s. It kept the weather out and some of the dust…if only it could talk the stories it would tell.

And then…the moon peeked out from over the hill….perfectly blessed:)

Wild Bill agrees the hike was worth it!

Country beauty…country blessings.

Always interesting and intriguing.

As we headed for home we passed the stand of old trees that my Dad planted way back when. The weather and harsh winds take a toll on them but they have an enduring beauty of their own.

Hey Little Buck Buck…he is enjoying his evening hay dinner.

One last Juniper moon shot.

I hope you have enjoyed a small…very small part of our simple life here. May you be blessed where ever you are.

Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:01:31

Gorgeous photos. Glad you got “Wild Bill” to go hiking with you. Love the old tractor cab/playhouse!

2. Shutter Bug
    Feb 05, 2012 @ 18:31:42

Amazing images. I love all your photos!

Feb 05, 2012 @ 19:01:22

I am yet still learning about photography…I love taking pictures and strive to get much better at it…the creative images we see when we “look” for them are incredible! That is the part that I love…creative shots that tell a story…and I love writing too:) Thank you much for stopping into my blog.

3. Roni
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 09:25:08

Absolutely spectacular!!!! What a peaceful and God filled land!!!!

4. Pat Cegan
    Jan 11, 2012 @ 01:55:52

Your world is beautiful, your words lovely, and you, my dear fellow cowgirl, make me smile. Thanks for your visit to Source of Inspiration. Hugs, pat

Jan 11, 2012 @ 11:44:20

Thank you for stopping in for a visit. Over my lifetime I have found no matter where we are at if we will look for the beauty we will find it. I am very blessed that here is where God put me:) As I read more into your blog I found amazing photos and an incredible life.

5. KatiesCameraBlog
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 19:16:10

What an amazing place. Just beautiful. Great images too. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. ameliaclaire92
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 18:09:10

Wow. These shots are truly magical. I love places where the sky seems to stretch on forever. ๐Ÿ™‚