Happy Valentines Day My Wild Bill!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day…this is late but heart felt:)

Bend, Oregon Car Show

February 14th is an anniversary for us as Wild Bill and I met 38 years ago on Valentines Day.

It seemed by chance, but God had it planned…we knew we had found our soul mate, our life partner and best friend…it was one of those times in life that clicked, you knew and your heart knew.

05052011_00033

We were married eight months later! And 38 years later we are still making beautiful music together and one in heart…except when we dance as Wild Bill can not count time! He can count the time and beat of horsepower but not music! I am a natural in counting double time or time and a half or just time in the beat of life that you can hear in the beat of music! I love it!

This is Wild Bill’s dance beat and I love this beat with him too…this is “Jagged” WB custom built this 1928 Dodge Coupe and installed a V-12 Jag motor in it…they said there was no way that he could use an American carburetor on the V-12…he said oh yeah? The rest of the story is yes…he did it!

Music has always been part of my life, listening to the verse, the bass, the lead, the chords, and the rhythm, songs that tell the story often tie into my life or what I am writing about or the photo that I am taking. Funny how both the beat of life and the beat of music actually fit together…throw in a few chosen words and you have a fit and hopefully a hit!

I have shared many of our songs with you…this song is written by Buddy and Julie Miller and truly wonderful. I wish I could include the simple beat of the song as they sing it…it makes you want to dance with your significant other, while the music speaks straight to your heart. If you want to hear this song, go to iTunes. Put a search in for Buddy and Julie Miller…and their songs…look for”Holding Up the Sky”…and enjoy!

Holding Up the Sky

By Buddy Miller & Julie Miller

When the night has stayed too long…And tears won’t keep

When the sun beats down too strong

Our love runs deep

100_0003

And our love will hold up the sky

when the rain comes down too hard

CCI00015
It’s a cord that will not untie

It’s a promise the angels guard

05292010_00002
It will always be your name

written on my heart

OregonTrip_117

You are inside my heart

scan0013

Baby our love was meant to be

it’s from Gods hands

Jeeping Evening

Even when dreams turn to memories

Our love will dance

I hope you all have a wonderful new week ahead…until next time, HRCG is over and out!

1. reocochran
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 15:55:43

This is a wonderful tribute to your marriage and shows your true selves, too! I like honest pictures of people, letting us know the story behind the scenes. I enjoy your outdoors scenery and the way you are so open, even while inside… Smiles, Robin

Feb 18, 2014 @ 20:25:32

Thank you:) One thing about me, not sure if it is due to being raised in the country but both WB and I are open by habit…unfortunately in this day, sometimes that has hurt us both but we strive to always be honest and to share God’s glorious world through photography or writing…well that is me pretty much as he does not do the blog much…WB is a good honest man with integrity and honesty and in this day and world that is becoming ore rare. My dad was a good ole’ boy and he truly was…he was John Wayne to me and when I met WB I knew he was cut from the same cloth and my heart was his…he is part john Wayne and MacGyver:)

Feb 17, 2014 @ 20:39:31

Garry and I have been friends, lovers and married for 50 years this September. It’s such a rare thing these days. Congratulations. That’s wonderful. May you have another 50!

Feb 17, 2014 @ 21:54:22

Thank you so much:) I agree with the years in marriage…in today’s world that does not happen as much…it is sad to me. WB and I have gone through tons but the one solid thing we had was always our love…and commitment..we began as friends and then best friends and then soul mates forever…I feel very blessed and very loved:) God Bless you and Gary on another 50 too…we are both blessed:) Hugs:)

3. bobmielke
    Feb 17, 2014 @ 01:05:38

Now this brought more than a few tears to my old eyes! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. – Bob

4. bulldog
    Feb 16, 2014 @ 21:29:51

Loved this post… a great share…