I was nominated for “The Blog On Fire” award from http://humbledpie.wordpress.com/….I am humbled and honored that my blog is worthy of this award:)
I am to nominate 8 bloggers and include 8 unusual thing about myself…hmmm…???
So here we go with the 8 things about me that you do not know.
1. Because I grew up here in a very isolated area I get extremely nervous when I have to travel to large towns such as Portland, Oregon….sweaty palms and severe twitching along with nervous break downs in the traffic and finding directions when I get lost…traffic and big cities…huge ugh!
2. My Dad was President of the Pendleton Round Up when I was 10 years old. I grew up with the Pendleton Round-Up Rodeo. Dad was inducted into the Round Up Hall Of Fame in 1990….he was called “The Cowboy President”.
3. My Maternal Grandfather was an Oregon State Representative in the Oregon Legislator .
4. I believe “Ya gotta keep a going…no matter what…in all circumstances of life.”
5. I was stepped on by my Dad’s horses when I was 2 years old. The babysitter left me at our barn so I climbed into the corral with about 8 horses as I wanted to pet them etc. When Dad heard I was alone with the horses he rushed to the corral and found me lying face down…he picked me up and slapped my back…I spit out horse manure and was able to breathe again. I had a broken shoulder and a hoof print on my chest…my shoulder healed up fine but every once in a while it throws fits. One would think I would not want anything to do with horses after this incident but I did and do. They are part of me…I love my horses:) The physical hoof print mark on my chest that day went away but I still have hoof prints on my heart.
6. I played the flute in high school and also the piano by ear.
7. I love summer nights here…the sound of our nightly crickets in the small creek…the smell of wheat drying out for harvest…beautiful sunsets and sunrises…ahhh:)
8. I love Black Angus cows as that is what my Dad raised…we had 800 mama cows…and 100 plus bulls…and every summer was an adventure:) I miss those incredible days of a cowgirls life:)
Okay here are my eight nominations:
I hope this award blesses all of the above bloggers…we are a community…and it is good stuff…thank you all for being my friend and also for the amazing work you all do:) Thank you again to
Be sure to check out all of the above blogs and meet some incredible artists:)